Notifications
Clear all

Huge Breakout (With Pic)! Support Needed

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/21/2014 1:26 am

Have been diagnosed with staph epidermis being the cause of my pimples, blemish, whiteheads and facial boils.

1 week cure of antibiotics and I was fine. Looking the best I ever looked for the last 15 years!

It lasted barely 2 weeks though.

Made 3 mistakes:

1. Ate quite some sugar, thinking I was cured.

2. Applied vaseline during the night, every night to counter act the fact of having very dry skin.

3. Used a harsh soap to kill all germs, bacteria and staph on my skin.

Result: Huge breakout now. Whitheads everywhere. No big boil as I used to get, just whiteheads and small pustular areas.

I am totally lost. See the picture for detail.

I have stopped the vaseline, which I suspect blocked my pores (although non-comedogenic).

I will now stop the dettol soap which might be stripping my skin of whatever it needs.

Stopped sugar again.

I am on antibiotics but unfortunately they do not seem to work this time around.

Might try sauna to clear up all these whiteheads.

What a disappointment. Was able to look at my face in mirrors a week ago and think: What a great skin!

Now it's all ruined by tons of whiteheads and pustules all over it, as if I was 15 years old all over.

Anyone has supporting words or ideas?

Adding the picture! Same problems on both sides of face.

post-152894-0-82827900-1403331993.jpg

post-152894-0-82827900-1403331993.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/21/2014 1:49 am

lol yes, vaseline clogs the pores... and overwashing won't help.

What you need to get clear asap:

BP gel/wash and another wash of your choice, possibly something with a peeling effect

Retinoid

Antibiotics

Skin supplements/vitamins

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/21/2014 3:49 am

BPO seems to be too harsh to counter whiteheads and pustules. It might make things even worse.

I also read it's not effective against staph, which seems to be my problem.

I have the antibiotics until tomorrow. Might help when this 5 days course is over.

I'll never put vaseline on my face again though. Doesn't make any sense.

Looked better for a week. What a mess now!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/22/2014 11:49 am

I popped some of these pustules. They just do not drain or open by themselves. Ever!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/22/2014 2:03 pm

Adding the new pics of that vaseline induced breakout as of this morning.

I popped all the pustules and now my skin is real red. Not sure what those were, but they did not go easy (although not hard at all, on the contrary, extreme soft). Putting some alcohol on the popped pimple did hurt a lot though. There must have been quite some bacteria in there.

post-152894-0-33777300-1403463726.jpg

post-152894-0-06327600-1403463739.jpg

post-152894-0-33777300-1403463726.jpg

post-152894-0-06327600-1403463739.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/22/2014 3:08 pm

It may be best to leave your skin alone and let those pimples heal on their own. The thing with popping is that it slows healing time and you may be spreading bacteria or damaging the areas next to the pimples. It is a frustrating process, i know.

Whats your skin care regimen like?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/22/2014 4:21 pm

yea, popping them is never a good idea, not only because of the upper-mentioned comment, but also because it makes your pimples red and you're left with hyperpigmentation!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/22/2014 10:46 pm

It may be best to leave your skin alone and let those pimples heal on their own. The thing with popping is that it slows healing time and you may be spreading bacteria or damaging the areas next to the pimples. It is a frustrating process, i know.

Whats your skin care regimen like?

The good news is that I had been diagnosed with a staph infection and my boils-like-pimple were not caused by p.acnes, but by staph epidermis. This is why nothing worked on them (antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, tee tree oil, etc...). Course of antibiotics helped removing the staph, along with dettol soap. I had clearer skin than I ever had. It left my skin real dry though. And I thought about using vaseline to counteract it. Result is a full blown breakout 2 weeks later. Which I think is now p.acnes rather than staph.

My regimen for the next few days:

AM: Morning splash of water only

Midday: Another splash of water only

PM: Evening splash of water with possibly dead sea mud mask.

Just finished a 3 days sauna course which helped opening some of the pustules.

yea, popping them is never a good idea, not only because of the upper-mentioned comment, but also because it makes your pimples red and you're left with hyperpigmentation!

It depends on people I guess. It does leave pimples red and hyperpigmentation for some time. But in my case, it seems my body is unable to process the pus back or to let it out. If I do not pop, they are usually sitting on my face for weeks.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/23/2014 1:32 am

There's a tiny trick you could use to NATURALLY draw out the nasty stuff out lol

It's called Clay mask, and I dare say with the right combination of products even cysts calm down after a couple of days

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/23/2014 12:52 pm

There's a tiny trick you could use to NATURALLY draw out the nasty stuff out lol

It's called Clay mask, and I dare say with the right combination of products even cysts calm down after a couple of days

I think this is what the beautician used today (as part of a 1 hour full skin cleansing. And I finally know my skin type:

OILY! Which is weird cause my skin feels totally dry after washing (seriously dry).

Now you can imagine that vaseline on an already very oily skin did not help much.....

But it seems she has fully cleaned that out and unplugged whatever pores were congested!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/23/2014 2:25 pm

what i do is wash with a gentle foaming cleanser, then i use a glycolic acid wash, then i apply the mask mixed with organic apple cider vinegar. my skin gets so tight and i can definitely feel it pulsate! Once i cant bear the tight feeling i wash it off. then i apply a low percentage of a daily chemical peel and wash my face right away because i just cant leave it for longer than a minute without having it irritate my face. in the end i put my medication, which is aczone.

Im supposed to just wash my face and apply aczone, but i really want to clear my pores in 3 weeks before i get on accutane, because it will seriously push out all the nastiness to the surface! This way i can lessen the initial breakout :)

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/25/2014 11:55 am

what i do is wash with a gentle foaming cleanser, then i use a glycolic acid wash, then i apply the mask mixed with organic apple cider vinegar. my skin gets so tight and i can definitely feel it pulsate! Once i cant bear the tight feeling i wash it off. then i apply a low percentage of a daily chemical peel and wash my face right away because i just cant leave it for longer than a minute without having it irritate my face. in the end i put my medication, which is aczone.

Im supposed to just wash my face and apply aczone, but i really want to clear my pores in 3 weeks before i get on accutane, because it will seriously push out all the nastiness to the surface! This way i can lessen the initial breakout

I have only one big pustule left that appeared after the facial. That treatment was worth it. Not sure what to do with that bump though.....