Notifications
Clear all

Breaking Accutane Capsule For Topical Use On Scar (Pic)

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 06/20/2014 4:29 pm

So I have this very red post mark from an infected zit I had 3 months ago. The mark is very red and big when touched, and is on my nose between the eyes. This was the result from a scab that formed after antibiotics and hasn't changed much...

The area arround it is little bit hyperpigmented. It feels like normal skin and doesn't itch. I've tried everything from home remedies to Retinols but nothing changes it. Still looks like a round red hole in my face. Have been using SPF50 all the time and concealing it (not fully) but yesterday I tried tanning. It didn't become darker, it kinda blended in better but is still there and red when touched. When not touched it looks darker than the skin surrounding (also did before cuz I was lighter)...

So the only two things that make something happen are

- Contractubex. This scar gel makes the skin peel, but that makes me stop putting it. I want collagen to build a new skin layer, not break it down...

- Accutane capsule. I broke one and used it for 2-3 days. The skin started to peel and this happened on different places on my face. Stopped the experiment.

I also had an Accutane 6 month 80mg/day treatment that I finished 3 months ago. It messed up my skins ability to heal...

Now I wonder - what's the difference buying Retin-A/Isotrex or using the gel from capsules? In my country Retin-A is banned or not available anymore... I want this weird red spot disappear!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/20/2014 4:58 pm

I've never used accutane, so I can't tell you what the gel is going to do to your skin if you break it up.

I've used retin-A for 8-9 years, and the effects are slow. I used it as a part of my maintenance, because it has mild peeling properties which keep your pored open thus preventing you from getting future pimples from clogged pores.

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 06/20/2014 5:21 pm

I've never used accutane, so I can't tell you what the gel is going to do to your skin if you break it up.

I've used retin-A for 8-9 years, and the effects are slow. I used it as a part of my maintenance, because it has mild peeling properties which keep your pored open thus preventing you from getting future pimples from clogged pores.

I see, I have Retinol but Retin-A isn't available here anymore... Nor Isotrex... I just thought an accutane capsule contains same active ingredient as in Isotrex.

This is how my spot looks like. It's much more red in reality when touched and doesn't itch (looks like eczema on pic but is probably some kind of scar/PIH)

I really hope it will disappear :( It ruins my life I got panic today because it hasn't changed much :(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/20/2014 6:29 pm

put some makeup on it :P

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 06/21/2014 3:17 am

put some makeup on it :P

I've been doing that for 3 months... Well "something" may have happened since it doesn't need a full make-up anymore, I only use sunscreen, concealer and foundation. But it doesn't blend in fully. If you really look at it, you will see it. (And I hide it better than the make-up artists I've met)

The problem is it breaks me down mentally... Some days I don't get out... Some days all I do is standing in front of the mirror and hoping to see changes... I have loads of acne scarring but I don't care, I would be happy if just this one weird maucle would heal between my eyes :(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/21/2014 9:41 pm

then give the accutane tablet a chance...ive heard its a really strong retinol, so basically it's like putting an extremely concentrated tweaked formula of retin-A. I am a little worried that it's right between your eyes though, so you'll have to be very careful in protecting them. Also, if I were you and wanted to go ahead with this, I would use only a microscopic amount of the tablet's gel and wait 24hrs before covering the whole red area.

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 06/22/2014 7:32 am

then give the accutane tablet a chance...ive heard its a really strong retinol, so basically it's like putting an extremely concentrated tweaked formula of retin-A. I am a little worried that it's right between your eyes though, so you'll have to be very careful in protecting them. Also, if I were you and wanted to go ahead with this, I would use only a microscopic amount of the tablet's gel and wait 24hrs before covering the whole red area.

Thanks for the tip! Actually I talked to a pharmacist and was recommended Euc*rin Hyperpigemnation Even Brighter w SPF30 cream during day, and on night Exuvi*nce Brighteing Gel on the spot. I'm gonna try these first, before the experiment with accutane capsule, because I think it may go inside my blood stream and I already have finished a long accutane course so my body is full of Vit A.

Anyway, sometimes during the day and daylight the mark looks like this picture! (I consider calling it a mark since it doesn't feel or look like a scar to me if I compare with other scars on my face and body)

The funny thing is - People don't see it when the skin is calm like on this picture. But I do. And you see it mostly when it's dark, OR with camera pictures. For example, when I took this picture in sunlight my fried said he can't see any traces of a mark! But when I look myself in the mirror or on the camera picture, I can see it and I'm sure you guys also see it. I just want to know what this thing is... I understand it's some kind of trauma due to skin infection, but why would it become so discolored and stay like this for almost 3 months without chaning? If pressed, it will become bright red (see picture on the post above). Is it some kind of inflammation beneath the skin? Will it remain like this? Days like these I don't need to cover it (even when I do you can see it sometimes), I just put some SPF50 when going outside, but I just don't know what to do with it. It feels like maybe these creams/gels I am putting will not be good (but says it's skin renewing with Vit C and so on...)

Can't find any picture on google that resembles this mark, that doesn't itch or anything (feels like normal skin). It's a mystery really and I need help with it...

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/22/2014 10:47 am

it may be indented , i dont know why you breaking a accutane capsule and putting it on your face ? youre basically risking your face as a experiment

maybe try a medium peel or aha moisturizer and let it heal on its on

also tanning is really bad for your skin because it makes it heal even slower and discoloration/hyperpigmentation on that scar so yeah bad mistake

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 06/23/2014 3:41 am

it may be indented , i dont know why you breaking a accutane capsule and putting it on your face ? youre basically risking your face as a experiment

maybe try a medium peel or aha moisturizer and let it heal on its on

also tanning is really bad for your skin because it makes it heal even slower and discoloration/hyperpigmentation on that scar so yeah bad mistake

Yes I agree sun was a big mistake I guess even if it doesn't look worse. It's the same.... Though the mark isn't indented according to me. It's the same surface level as the skin arround... Anyway, using the creams mentioned above and added Exuv*ance Vespera Bionic Serum as a "base" morning, this one contains PHA and Vit A, C, E and on the day the Euc*rin Hyperpigmentation cream with SPF30 and on the night the serum again with brightening gel for pigmentation...

I experienced some peeling when I woke up today on the spot due to the serum I think. I don't know if this is good... It says the serum is good for healing skin and uneven tone...

Forgot to mention, I'm not using the accutane gel anymore but I swear it makes you peel so maybe it's good for cysts lol.

And the brightening gel should include AHA's...

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/23/2014 7:16 am

there alot of products that can cause your skin to peel , have you research these products before you put them on your face or you just reading the label of what it claims to do and thought it looks too good to be true ? because those products have clogging pore ingredients

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 06/23/2014 5:29 pm

there alot of products that can cause your skin to peel , have you research these products before you put them on your face or you just reading the label of what it claims to do and thought it looks too good to be true ? because those products have clogging pore ingredients

To be honest I'm not good at these things... I got samples for these products from a pharmacist...

It would be easier to know what kind of scarring this is. Some people claim it's nothing but little pigmentation, other people say it's a scar and will remain forever. I don't know I got a raised scar that was tiny but formed last week on my cheek from an ingrown hair. So my skin scars easily and fast, but this thing has kinda stopped in this weird mode.

Anybody has any suggesstions? Should I just leave it be or should I keep putting these creams?

I'm pretty sure there is something wrong beneath the skin since it becomes so red and big when touched, but doesn't feel warm, itchy or anything at all...