Notifications
Clear all

The D3 Dillema-Please Help

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 06/20/2014 2:31 pm

Hi

I have been on the holistic route to cure acne for over a year now. I would say I am 99% clear. I have PIH and 1-2 active acne in a month.

I noticed this, I am 100% clear if I stop D3 supplements. I break out into cystic pimples after a couple of days of taking D3. I stopped D3 for a month, I was 100% clear. I started D3 and I break out.

Then I decided to stop for good- 2 months close to porcelain clear skin, however I have an issue with my health, similar to intersitial cystitis which falres up after a few days of not taking D3.

I had this issue before I went the holistic route and was prescribed round after round of antibiotics because of suspected UTIs, which gave me cystic acne in the end and digestive issues. Anyeways cleaning up my diet made it all fine and I started taking D3 around then but I never thought it was really for IC. Actually till march this year I had absolutely no symptoms so for about 1 year and 2 months. Then I figured D3 is breaking me out so I stopped and by end of april I was having the same UTI like symptoms, the only thing I had changed was stop D3, went back on it, symptoms alleviate but acne arrives. Stopped D3 and last monday the symptoms come back. I started D3 again on Wednesday.

I read a few papers this week about how D3 helps:

adding a quote:

Here we show that oral 25D3 supplementation prepares the bladder tissue to fight E. coli infection by increased production of cathelicidin upon bacterial contact, report the researchers. 25D3 is locally converted to 1,25D3 in bladder epithelial cells, binds to vitamin D receptor, which leads to [] synthesis of cathelicidin.

I would much rather take acne over that(as I am sure doctors will prescribe an antibiotic as soon as they see me which I really dont want), so I go back to D3 and today is day 3 and I see a deep acne coming up, but thank God all my bladder discomfort symtoms are gone.

Is this an issue with the supplement ? I take Now foods D3 5000IU. After 6 months of supplementation my levels were 41, so I do not think I am overdosing,.

I thought the oil in which it is suspended may have gotten rancid and ordered dry D3-swanson which is arriving today, which I plan to take wih some coconut oil for optimal absorption.

I also take a b complex by thorne research to improve my b12 levels and this seems to have no effect on acne.

I live in san diego and have atleast 35 mins of sun exposure a day, but my body just does not make enough D I guess.

Any help is appreciated, I need to take Vitamin D but need to figure out how.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/20/2014 2:42 pm

What's your question :)?

If you're 99% clear I don't think you should worry :)

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 06/20/2014 3:14 pm

But if I take D3 i keep breaking out--I need some help with the right supplement to use. And the break out is cystic which leaves behind scarring.

What's your question ?

If you're 99% clear I don't think you should worry

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/20/2014 4:52 pm

do you have any before and after pictures?

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 06/21/2014 9:22 am

Will try to post some this weekend...can someone please help what could be wrong in d3?