Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just joined this forum to post this. I'm 47 and have suffered from acne since the age of 13. I've tried everything from Accutane to Spironolactone to B.P etc.. you get the picture. My partner bought Nioxin (shampoo to combat hair thinning), and reading the back of the bottle I noticed "helps to remove follicle-clogging sebum, fatty acids and environmental residues from scalp and hair". So I thought, being that i have an oily complexion (to say the least) that I'd try washing my face with it. I started using it about 5 days ago, twice a day (morning and night), and I only use 1 or 2 drops on one of those cheap exfoliating gloves that you can get at your local drug store, I lightly lather up my face with the shampoo for about a minute, using the glove.

Now take note that it has only been 5 days, and this product is not sold for acne, so I have no idea of any long term effects, but my skin is noticeably better. It's less oily, and those small whiteheads that miraculously appear every single morning have not appeared in the last 2-3 days, I even think my pores are smaller.

I'm going to continue with this regime for the next month, and I can report back. Being that it's pretty experimental and I'm using a product that's not sold as an acne treatment. I'd probably hold off using it yourself until I report back in a months time (although I'll probably update weekly)

Or maybe this is old news? I've googled "acne nioxin" and pulled up a few searches, but not many, and I can't find a"search" button on this site, am I just missing it?