Notifications
Clear all

Does Using Makeup While You Just Putted Topical Products Makes Your Acne Worse?

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/20/2014 10:41 am

So last week i thought my skin was getting better. And on the first day of school i started covering my blemishes with concealer and powder. . Then a few days after that i got little bumps on my face.

Having an oily skin might be one reason, although its probably the makeup product as well. Im currently using Avon, basically since i threw all of my makeup. Im not sure what the ingredients that product has so it could probably be that the makeup has a partial blame on my new zits.

Another thing is i always put makeup on after putting creams and topical on my face. But im not aware if it does anything bad to my acne... can anyone please explain?

ONE last thing, can you guys suggest any good mineral concealers and powders that are affordable and would have coverage on my blemishes? As much as possible the price should range like Maybelline or Revl... if thats possible :(

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 06/20/2014 11:34 am

I love Faerie Organic minerals. Highly recommend. I currently am in love with Lancome products, but they're not cheap. Faerie is more affordable.

YES I do think applying both acne products and makeup can be a little tricky, and if done incorrectly can either break you out, or simply prevent the products from being effective. I would definitely suggest a) switching to a powder formula for a bit (month), then trying liquid and seeing if it still has any negative effects, and b) spacing out your application.

One big change I made to my routine was spacing out application of products. You should be waiting a while inbetween applying any toners, gels, moisturizers, and ESPECIALLY makeup (liquids, powders, etc). You really need to let the topical products settle in before using your makeup.

To save time, I usually get ready for school or work, and do everything besides makeup. Then, I drive to school, park, do my makeup and voila! Done. It usually gives enough time to let me face absorb the products I've applied.

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/21/2014 11:09 am

I love Faerie Organic minerals. Highly recommend. I currently am in love with Lancome products, but they're not cheap. Faerie is more affordable.

YES I do think applying both acne products and makeup can be a little tricky, and if done incorrectly can either break you out, or simply prevent the products from being effective. I would definitely suggest a) switching to a powder formula for a bit (month), then trying liquid and seeing if it still has any negative effects, and b) spacing out your application.

One big change I made to my routine was spacing out application of products. You should be waiting a while inbetween applying any toners, gels, moisturizers, and ESPECIALLY makeup (liquids, powders, etc). You really need to let the topical products settle in before using your makeup.

To save time, I usually get ready for school or work, and do everything besides makeup. Then, I drive to school, park, do my makeup and voila! Done. It usually gives enough time to let me face absorb the products I've applied.

I space out whenever i use the products so it prob the makeup eh? I dont know if faerie is available in my cointry. But ill give it a go.. thank you very much!!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/05/2014 10:22 pm

I try to apply as few products as possible if I'm planning on wearing makeup that day. The more stuff on your skin, the easier it is for your makeup to slide off, or stick to patches of your dried topicals, etc. If I didn't need SPF (I burn very easily) then I would just apply makeup on bare skin, because it always looks best that way.