Notifications
Clear all

Accutane For Mild-Moderate Acne

MemberMember
(@brianam)

Posted : 06/19/2014 9:53 am

i have had mild-moderate acne since I was 15. I am now 18. I have tried almost everything, and doxy worked for me for a few years and then stopped. Now, I have mild-moderate acne despite using different cleansers and creams. My skin looks pretty good when i wear my makeup. Anyways, i went to the derm yesterday and she told me i need to start accutane because I will never have another blemish again and it will resurface and help my mild scarring that i do have. Im writing this because I'm worried that my skin will get worse before it gets better and my skin isnt even too bad to begin with... im wodering if it will be worth the first month or so... If you took or are taking accutane with mild-moderate acne please respond... thanks so much :)

MemberMember
(@dragonborn94)

Posted : 06/19/2014 11:36 am

Just as you,I had mild-moderate acne, more of mild from since I was 15 and 4 months ago, at 19 years I went to another dermatologyst, after seeing many others who gave me a lot of different medications (took 2 or 3 types) and a lot of cleanser.This one said accutane is the only solution unless I want to remain scarred for life. Now, you can only see a few scars which I think will heal in time. She gave me a small, 20 mg/day dose and now i'm good. Unlinke others, my acne did not pop out during that month and you could barely see a difference. In my opinion you should try it and stop thinking so much about what others say.

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 06/19/2014 12:32 pm

I never got a flare on Accutane. My skin started getting dry, old blemishes vanished, and no new ones appeared. It was smooth sailing. I wouldn't worry about it. And from what my dermatologist said, very few of his patients flared on Accutane. Good luck, you'll love Tane!

MemberMember
(@lilmama0922)

Posted : 06/19/2014 1:25 pm

Hey Briana,

I was in the same boat that you were in. Not severe acne, but mild/moderate persistent acne. I'm 27 now, and I had been dealing with the acne for 7 years. So over time my scarring started to take over my skin. I finally broke down and got on accutane. I've been on it for almost 7 wks now and I did not get a flare up. Honestly I've just been dealing with chapped lips, dry skin (which is amazing because I had extremely oily skin) and a bit fatigued. Of course everyone reacts to it differently but my dermatologist started me on a lower dosage (started with 40 mg) first month and I am on 60 mg this month. If my blood work comes back fine I will be bumped up to 80 Mg for my third month. But honestly looking back I wish I would have done accutane along time ago I just thought that my acne would clear up on its own. Now I have to deal with the scarring when I'm done. Let me know if you have any questions and this site is amazing and helpful. If you decide to go on it, just listen to your body :)

MemberMember
(@brianam)

Posted : 06/20/2014 12:48 pm

Just as you,I had mild-moderate acne, more of mild from since I was 15 and 4 months ago, at 19 years I went to another dermatologyst, after seeing many others who gave me a lot of different medications (took 2 or 3 types) and a lot of cleanser.This one said accutane is the only solution unless I want to remain scarred for life. Now, you can only see a few scars which I think will heal in time. She gave me a small, 20 mg/day dose and now i'm good. Unlinke others, my acne did not pop out during that month and you could barely see a difference. In my opinion you should try it and stop thinking so much about what others say.

i will talk to my doctor about a low dosage then 🙂 thanks