Notifications
Clear all

Do You Ever Miss Clear Skin?

MemberMember
(@adayinthelife)

Posted : 06/19/2014 7:53 am

Do you ever think back to the days before your skin became a problem and feel sad? Even though you didn't care back then,

life was probably a hell of a lot better. I certainty remember that time, you'd look in the mirror and it was just you, nothing else, just your eyes, your nose and mouth and other features staring back at you and now it's not even about that anymore, we just fixate on our skin. It was nice to wake up in the morning without that problem, without that fear. You didn't even really need to look in the mirror. You'd get up, get dressed and off you went. It's a very hard thing to lose.

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 06/19/2014 8:52 am

Not really, you don't appreciate something till it's gone.

Of-course I miss it, but I don't remember it because it wasn't something I thought of? If that makes sense.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/19/2014 9:07 pm

I agree with the above poster. When i was acne free, i forgot what it was like to have acne. Now that I have acne again, its something that i occasionally think about but not much. I have to live in the here and now. Living in the past never helped the present or the future.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 06/19/2014 10:00 pm

I miss it a lot. I started getting acne when I was 12 and didn't have clear skin until I was 18 and started accutane. I was completely clear from 18 to 20 and it was amazing! I woke up everyday and was so happy and thankful to have clear skin. My skin isn't horrible now, but it's nothing like it was for those 2 years. I really do miss it.

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 06/20/2014 2:03 am

I don't remember what having clear skin is like, I've had acne for about 13 years

MemberMember
(@lady_c)

Posted : 06/23/2014 4:37 am

Yeh I sure do, then again I've had acne since I was 12 years old (now 29) so those memories are vague.

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 06/23/2014 5:31 am

Man, screw it. Going through hell with stress and anxiety made me a much better person. I don't judge those with scars, acne, etc.. I used to be very vain. I've got pretty clear skin now with some barely visible scars.. I wouldn't take perfect skin if it meant I would lose all I gained through suffering all these years.

MemberMember
(@michael001001)

Posted : 06/23/2014 4:38 pm

It's too far away to remember it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/23/2014 5:51 pm

Yeah, the worse my acne gets, the more depressed and sadder I am. The best part is when I put makeup and take a selfie, because my skin looks flawless, so it really makes me want to have it look like that when I wake up. I hate makeup so much, I know it's supposed to enhance your beauty, but with me it's all about covering the nastiness so I don't scare people lol

Yes, clear skin is definitely something I'm looking forward to having. My acne has taught me to be more compassionate, sensitive, as well as being able to find pleasure in more meaningful things in life. Now that it has improved me as a person lol it's time to get pretty on the outside.

Yay accutane <3

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/24/2014 2:13 am

I don't remember what its like. I'm closer to clear skin now than ever before, but its still not clear. I can't just waltz out the door in the morning without covering my imperfections. I'd do anything to go back and cherish the skin I had.

MemberMember
(@trimlantana)

Posted : 06/26/2014 11:36 pm

I miss only focussing on my general facial flaws or what I considered flaws. I remember a year and a half ago I never wore any type of foundation on my face. Now I have to cover my face every time I wash it. I feel like id spend a lot less time during the day caring about how I look if I didn't have acne. That's what I remember about my clear skin. I didn't have to hide my face. And wash it twice a day and apply medication and lotion and try not to get it wet so my make up doesn't come off and not let people touch my face!

So yes... I miss it.

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 06/27/2014 1:14 am

Ya man really sucks big time :(

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 06/30/2014 5:53 pm

Every.single.day. :/

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 07/02/2014 2:12 pm

I'm feeling like this right now.

I found a good clinic around September last year and got into a good skin regimen...very similar to Acne.orgs.one..I use Clenziderm products though.

so anyway my skin was clear not like 100% but it was clear enough for me.to at least feel brautiful and sexy and confident.

The past couple months my skin has been breaking out in tiny spots again and the past few weeks my forhead (which had managed to stay clear) is also breaking out. Its like these small underskin comedonal acne stuff you know??

I'm stuck at what to do because I keep thinking what's causing this...I'm so depressed about it.

MemberMember
(@robert6524)

Posted : 07/15/2014 12:07 am

Yea I miss it every day . I've been struggling with acne for almost a decade. Since then my face hasn't been clear for even a day . It sucks . But hey life goes on . My acne is better today than back in my teens ( I'm 22 btw) and to top it all off I have acne scars and hypertrophic scars all over my chest and shoulders . So it's just not my face . So I can't even take my shirt off and I used to love wearing wife beaters before I had scars. I look at everyone that I know , from cousins ,friends, strangers with perfectly clear skin and think what would they do if they were in my shoes because they complain about having one little pimple . It pisses me off , but hey they don't know any better . Anyways , yea I do miss my clear skin, but it will get better !

MemberMember
(@sammiiih)

Posted : 12/30/2014 3:01 pm

I had perfect skin like 5-6 months ago. it didn't start until I used a bunch of products on my face. that is what caused my acne in the first place. I just miss it more than anything. I'll do literally anything for my perfect skin. I never realized just how lucky I was.

MemberMember
(@periiwiinkle)

Posted : 12/31/2014 8:41 pm

sadly I've forgot what it feels like to have clear skin. But don't fret pals! We too will have clear skin one day. Don't lose hope

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 01/01/2015 2:53 pm

these posts made me teary eyed... i agree with the first post i do miss it even though i had no idea what i had when i didn't have acne - i could go anywhere and just be calm bc i didn't have to worry about my face. today was a rough day for me because i really miss my freedom, meaning getting up and not putting make up, not having to look in the mirror, being able to go anywhere. i feel like its torture sometimes because my face gets better and then i do some tiny mistake and there goes all my progress again...my face is full of pain, i feel like i am a prisoner - i feel like something is living in my face, literally torturing me and i can't do crap about it. I got acne when i was 22 i am 25 and these three years have been hell I've missed many important events but i have gained more knowledge than i ever had in my whole life time. i have gained compassion and mostly health (even though my face doesn't feel healthy at all) i eat a lot healthier and i don't like to judge people and be vain and all about "looks" anymore. (but i really don't feel as healthy because of my skin) more than anything i want clear skin to be able to live my life at my fullest and always remembering to be thankful for my skin when i am there. i don't need alcohol or junk food to be happy anymore, i actually hate drinking or eating bad food now. everywhere i go i see people not taking care of their bodies, binge drinking, doing drugs, eating crap and I WAS LIKE THAT. i crave healthy foods now. i am happy just being healthy, but most of all i wish i wouldn't not touch my face and fell puss and pain or look in the mirror and see scars.i just want to know what the hell is going on an figure this out. i am going to get there... i am going to get the skin i want and dream of bc i deserve it :'( it just holds me back now and sometimes it makes me cry but then i remember that this has even helped me stand up for myself and stand up for what i believe and not be scared to show it. what does suck is that i tell my friends and family all about eating healthy and i have acne...so the results don't match up but that will all change. sorry for this essay but i have so much sadness in me sometimes, i should just be grateful but its hard to ignore this.

today my family is in town and want to go out for the new year and my boyfriend comes back from a long trip tomorrow and is excited to see me but i just don't feel like going anywhere till i fix this, its just so uncomfortable. -_- is that stupid?

MemberMember
(@robert-cohn)

Posted : 01/06/2015 2:20 pm

Yes. It just makes me mad or jealous whenever I see someone on TV with such perfect skin. I don't even want perfect skin - that would be too weird - I just don't want huge red scars covering the sides of my face and dots all over the rest. I can hardly even remember a time now where I had clear skin, but I know there was one years ago. I don't like standing out or being the centre of attention, so this is just the worst thing possible for me.

A lot of people seem to have hope, and I envy that, but I see no hope for me. I just have faint images of what my face will look like in 5 years. It's not pretty.

My brother has such insanely perfect skin - it almost looks like an action figure - and it just makes me so mad. Pictures of him are what make me miss being 10 or 11 - right before I started getting acne.

I just wish I could go back in time and tell myself all of the things not to do to my skin. Unfortunately my life seems to be set in stone; I will look terrible and dirt and people will judge me. But hey, why shouldn't they?