Notifications
Clear all

Zinc & Magnesium Cleared Up Chin And Cheeks...but

MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 06/18/2014 10:47 pm

So I've been messing with acne my entire life. I ended up getting a form of lupus too..so I can't seem to get a break. ANYWAYS, after years of messing with combinations, the only thing that's worked so far is zinc in the morning and magnesium at night; it clears up my face minus my nose and forehead.

I don't understand it...how can the treatment 100% remove acne from every area but those 2? My terrible, severe bacne is almost completely gone too. I really am looking for help on this topic if any of you are familiar with why this could be happening!

Here's my daily stuff if it helps.

15mg Zinc Picoliante

Probiotic

Psyllium Husk

Milk Thistle & co (only 2 weeks, then break for 2 months)

Magnesium 500mg

I really appreciate any response!

MemberMember
(@tootie2014)

Posted : 06/25/2014 2:51 pm

Tretinoin will diminish your forehead and nose acne most likely.

Tretinoin and zinc oxide are known to up and down regulate two enzymes known to carry out hormonal conversions in the integumentary system (skin).

Milk thistle is going to systemically mess with your hormones so be careful you don't get a major bounce back in the future with that. I'm not a fan of messing with the entire endocrine system to correct skin problems.

I'm curious about your lupus; did you run courses of antibiotics for your acne at any point in life? I only ask because there is antibiotic induced lupus and I wish more acne sufferers understood that antibiotics are not always the safest way to go. I really wish derms would stop prescribing it as it's only temporary anyway. :\

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 06/25/2014 4:01 pm

topically: If I were you I would just use some clay/calamine mask on the affected areas and then put on some benzoyl peroxide at night (for a maximum of 3 nights) and then moisturise or use a toner in the day time.

MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 06/26/2014 11:27 pm

I'm curious about your lupus; did you run courses of antibiotics for your acne at any point in life? I only ask because there is antibiotic induced lupus and I wish more acne sufferers understood that antibiotics are not always the safest way to go. I really wish derms would stop prescribing it as it's only temporary anyway. :\

The acne and more extreme skin measures all occurred after I developed lupus. At the same time, I developed much more severe acne. I did go on antibiotics for a month, but I got sick and spent the last year taking some hardcore probiotics to heal from it. Never again. I've spent about a solid 6 months researching and I've developed a hypothesis that it was induced from a heavy metal toxicity via immunizations & other means. I'm spending the next few weeks addressing this issue to see if any relief is found.