Very Low Dose Accut...

Notifications
Clear all

Very Low Dose Accutane For Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 06/18/2014 4:08 pm

Anyone on a very low dose of accutane for oily skin? Something like 10 mg once or twice a week? I'm am thinking of going to a derm for that. Anyone with experience staying on such a dose for a long time (years)?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 06/20/2014 7:59 am

anyone?

MemberMember
(@jofo)

Posted : 06/23/2014 8:38 pm

It worked for me. I took 10mg of Isotretinoin every day and my oil production decreased dramatically. I made a log 3 years ago describing my experience:

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 06/24/2014 3:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. Did the oil stay away once you were off it? I already got 10mg prescribed.

MemberMember
(@jofo)

Posted : 06/24/2014 10:50 pm

I wish I could say the oil stayed away but it returned 1 or 2 weeks after stopping the medication. That's what most people experience, unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:58 am

thats a bummer. I've read some stuff about people staying on accutane for indefinite periods of time (10 years or more) at a very low dose (10 mg once or twice a week). I'm no doctor but I don't see why that would be bad for the body. Most people hurt their bodies when they do like 80 mg a day for a year.

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@kimberlyannemt)

Posted : 09/01/2014 12:28 am

I'm glad I found this.. I did 2 full rounds of Accutane (40-60mg) under physician supervision. I wanted my dry skin back so I did a LOT of research and talked to a lot of people on here and eventually found Isotretinoin online in a liquid suspension and it was legitimate. I used the online Accutane for 3 years without physician supervision and it did a GREAT job at keeping me oil/pimple free all those years.. But I didn't realize how sensitive it made my skin to sunlight so I ended up with a LOT of sun damage all over my face and arms, chest, anywhere that was exposed to the sun. The stupidest mistake I will have ever made.. I quit the Accutane cold turkey and went to a physician and admitted I self-medicated, so they ran bloodwork--my liver was completely fine by the way (I was taking 25mg every other day for 3 years). It will do wonders for the time you use it but you would need to be a recluse to avoid the sun exposure. Not worth it :/ hopefully I didn't do much more damage than externally. Even at a small dose like 10mg a week, it could have consequences. Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@mbbento)

Posted : 09/04/2014 2:42 pm

I think the hardest part is finding legitimate accutane to take. I don't know of any dr's who will prescribe long-term low dose treatments and it's hard to real accutane from the sketchy online sellers.

MemberMember
(@kimberlyannemt)

Posted : 09/11/2014 4:59 pm

There are legitimate places to purchase Accutane in an alcohol suspension form but no one on here is going to reveal that because it could expose the company more than it needs to be. Usually legitimate Accutane online sellers advertise towards guys who bodybuild.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 09/28/2014 12:39 pm

Yeah I'm on 10 mg every other day and it's working great for my oil and acne. I just wish I wasn't dependent on it. I plan on doing this for years because it's a pretty low amount and it's the only thing that works.

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 10/14/2014 11:39 pm

I will be on 20 mg next month I prefer a lower dose its alot safer unless your acne is really bad than I suggest higher i hear it goes by body weight?