Notifications
Clear all

Need Help With Scars

MemberMember
(@regularjohn)

Posted : 06/18/2014 11:39 am

Hello,

I'm 24 years old and from Germany

I have acne since I was 18, now I just got Isotrexin and finally I nearly got rid of my active acne.

But now I'm bothered about my scarring. During the "active acne time" I didn't notice the amount them,

but now I'm a little depressed how my skin looks like.

It would be great if anyone could give an advice to me, how it should be treated and if there is any improvement possible.

I read the threads on this board and I think I'm good informed which treatments exist, but I can't figure out which kind of scarring I mainly have (rolling scars?) and which treatment would be the best.

A picture of my right cheek in really bad light, left looks nearly the same so I decided one pic should be enough.

post-403780-0-75840100-1403108954.jpg

So I would be pleased if anyone can help me, and give an advice what to do.

(sorry if the english is bad, I'm german)

[Removed]

post-403780-0-75840100-1403108954.jpg

MemberMember
(@bud369)

Posted : 06/22/2014 10:34 am

Fraxel Re;Pair is the best strategy for you imo.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/22/2014 4:07 pm

Fraxel Re;Pair is the best strategy for you imo.

If you're rich

subcision and needling

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/22/2014 7:56 pm

i wouldnt do laser they just never make your skin feel the same again

MemberMember
(@regularjohn)

Posted : 06/23/2014 12:16 pm

Thanks for your replies !

Getting Subcision is quite a problem in germany, there are just a few doctors who offer it, but because there isn't any business competition, the prices are ridiculous high.

Same with Fraxel:Repair.

But there are many doctors that have C02 lasers here, does anyone have good experiences with it?

Needling seems interesting, I'm going to see another dermatologist next week and I'm eager to hear what he has to say. (he offers needling, Co2 laser, fractional lasers but no real Fraxel)

There are so many different lasers, that I'm a bit confused and insecure about the whole laser thing.

Anyone thinks that needling would give me remarkable results, even without subcision?

Or even a TCA peel to get rid of the red marks first (you can't really see them in the picture but they make the scars look deeper)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/23/2014 2:23 pm

Thanks for your replies !

Getting Subcision is quite a problem in germany, there are just a few doctors who offer it, but because there isn't any business competition, the prices are ridiculous high.

Same with Fraxel:Repair.

But there are many doctors that have C02 lasers here, does anyone have good experiences with it?

Needling seems interesting, I'm going to see another dermatologist next week and I'm eager to hear what he has to say. (he offers needling, Co2 laser, fractional lasers but no real Fraxel)

There are so many different lasers, that I'm a bit confused and insecure about the whole laser thing.

Anyone thinks that needling would give me remarkable results, even without subcision?

Or even a TCA peel to get rid of the red marks first (you can't really see them in the picture but they make the scars look deeper)

im on tca peel right now its been 5 days and some peeling has peeled off but still not fully yet

ill tell you how it goes in couple of days hopefully if its done

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 06/24/2014 12:39 am

Needling is total bullshit, as much as I hate to say it. Don't believe what the people on this website tell you about them, go talk to a derm about lasers

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 06/24/2014 1:15 am

I think there was a girl here who did subcision with fat grafting in Germany.

MemberMember
(@regularjohn)

Posted : 06/24/2014 1:49 pm

Needling is total bullshit, as much as I hate to say it. Don't believe what the people on this website tell you about them, go talk to a derm about lasers

Do you have experience with it ?

It's kinda hard for me to figure out what really could work, because everyone says completely different things about the same method.

Even if a doctor recommends something i can't be sure if it is the right thing to do, because: he maybe just wants money^^

I've got another question, is it possible, that some of the scars will improve a bit by themselves as long as they are red?

I wonder if it is my imagination, but the one which is most noticable red seems to get more shallow week by week.

MemberMember
(@regularjohn)

Posted : 06/29/2014 11:24 am

Any other opinions to my problem?

I just thought of fillers, does anybody have experience with fillers?

or would they have a good effect on my type of scarring?

I really need an advice, as long as i can not speak to a dermatologist yet.

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 07/01/2014 1:09 am

Are you looking forward to surgical recommendations here? Or have you gone through non-surgical ones already? I'm kinda in favor of non-surgical treatments, since, they don't worsen your condition at least (talking about hypoallergenic only). I myself have treated my scars non-surgically and they worked out pretty well for me. What's your thought about it?

MemberMember
(@regularjohn)

Posted : 07/01/2014 7:22 am

Are you looking forward to surgical recommendations here? Or have you gone through non-surgical ones already? I'm kinda in favor of non-surgical treatments, since, they don't worsen your condition at least (talking about hypoallergenic only). I myself have treated my scars non-surgically and they worked out pretty well for me. What's your thought about it?

I do not really know what exactly I'm looking for.

the best case would be a reply of someone with similar scars who had success or experience with some treatment.

I did not start any treatment until now.

And I'm still using Isotrexin.

How did you treat them non-surgically?

I would like to get more detail about this.