Notifications
Clear all

Help! How To Deal With Scars? (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@gcek)

Posted : 06/17/2014 12:59 pm

Hi there!

So I'm wanting to find out how to deal with my skin and make it better. I don't know if it is bad or not that bad. What ways can I deal with it? Open to all suggestions - natural and surgical. Also, if someone can explain to me what kind of damage I have that would be good.

Thanks!

post-403590-0-49742700-1403027951.jpg

post-403590-0-40757300-1403027953.jpg

post-403590-0-62678200-1403027956.jpg

post-403590-0-49742700-1403027951.jpg

post-403590-0-40757300-1403027953.jpg

post-403590-0-62678200-1403027956.jpg

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 06/18/2014 3:43 am

Are you still breaking out? If so then I wouldn't do any treatments until you get your acne under control first. I believe on your cheek area closest to your nose(1st pic) looks be more like scar pores & with maybe a slight bit of icepicks. On the upper right part of your cheek looks like maybe you have one mild boxcar indent or could be hyperpigmention not sure? If you still break out & your acne doesn't heal right away you could get even more scarring. I would recommend going to see a Dermatologist. Do you have oily skin? If so this could also clog your pores and cause some scarring. Regular exfoliation will help with this problem so your pores don't get clogged up from your acne. On Your forehead I'm not sure, But think it's more hyperpigmentation problem/ no scarring that I can see. Maybe I'm wrong and someone else can correct me on this?

gcek liked
MemberMember
(@gcek)

Posted : 06/18/2014 7:12 am

Hi Celaya, thanks for your reply!

I do have oily skin! I do still breakout and am going to the doctors next week about it. I was prescribed a tablet (and some gel to put on) but it didn't really make a difference. At 23 my skin doesn't break out as badly as it used to, but sometimes it can (like now). In regards to the hyperpigmentation on my forehead, is there any way of getting rid of this? I want to clear my skin as much as possible. So whether its home remedies or more drastic options, I would really like clear skin!

Thanks

Also, to clarify: the large scar on my cheek in the first picture is not an acne scar but a scar from falling off a bike when I was younger!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/19/2014 1:58 am

Very very minor. I suggest you work aggressively to control future breakouts. Other than that your skin looks great.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 06/19/2014 3:49 am

Your skin doesn't look that bad at all & you have very mild scarring. Please control your outbreaks first & Sometimes it just takes time for it to heal on it's own, But If you want to speed up your hyperpigmentation recovery I think you should get a Chemical peel or you could do a microdermabrasion instead or you could also use skin care products like Glycolic acid or Retin A based products for exfoliation needed in this situation.

What type of Gel did your Doctor give you? Was it Hydroquinone?

MemberMember
(@laichoonhuong)

Posted : 06/19/2014 5:13 am

Hi there, I am Lai, I have the same problem as gcek. may be a little bit severe than him. My face, the scar look exactly like him, but a little more serious. I have icepick, boxscar and some rolling, mostly on my cheek. Sometime when my body condition is not good, i will have some breakout on my neck.

Right now, i am still studying. I dont have the money nor attention to consult a dermatologist right now. I will do it after i go to work. I would like to ask for some good advice to take care of my skin right now to fade out the scar and prevent breakout.

And can you guys tell me what to do when i have blackhead and whitehead on my cheek, mostly on the scarring? if picking it is not an option, what should i do???

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 06/19/2014 10:55 am

@gcek

You seem to have a few faint red marks but these WILL disappear in time - but they can take over a year to go so you just have to have patience. The actual seems very minimal - I would say mostly scarred pores and small boxcar scars. I have similar scarring from my acne, and like you I'm trying to find a way to make it disappear.

Your skin doesn't look that bad at all & you have very mild scarring. Please control your outbreaks first & Sometimes it just takes time for it to heal on it's own, But If you want to speed up your hyperpigmentation recovery I think you should get a Chemical peel or you could do a microdermabrasion instead or you could also use skin care products like Glycolic acid or Retin A based products for exfoliation needed in this situation.

What type of Gel did your Doctor give you? Was it Hydroquinone?

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 06/19/2014 11:03 am

You could try a light chemical peel. Something like a 30% glycolic acid. I'm amazed at the results from just one use.

MemberMember
(@gcek)

Posted : 06/19/2014 12:53 pm

Hi everyone, thanks!

The gel I was given is Adapalene 0.1 Benzoyl P 2.5% (whatever that is). How do I control future breakouts? I eat well, drink plenty of water. It helps but my skin is just really up and down. Is there something I should ask for at the doctors next week?

In regards to a chemical peel, how do I go about getting that?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@lilakrose)

Posted : 06/24/2014 5:39 pm

The adapelene benzoyl should help with yr breakouts

To get a chemical peel

Just Google spa near you that offer glycolic peels

U can also do them yr self

Just Google glycolic acid 30% peel even amazon has them available

read the reviews before choosing

It comes in a small bottle

You have to prep the skin by washing the face then using alcohol then apply a thin layer

Wait a couple of minutes depending on the instructions and then you neutralize it with baking soda and water

But I don't recommend you doing it yr self you can burn yr skin it's better to do it at a spa with someone who has done this a couple of times make sure the person who does the peel is the owner of the spa, not some entrepreneurs, the owner of the spa has more experience usually