Notifications
Clear all

What Next ?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/17/2014 9:43 am

So after tca cross for my ice pick scars its been 3 months and 17 days probably got 2 more months until final results

this is how they currently are

they gotten much better but still noticeable

im thinking about doing 2 layer of 25% tca peel , do you guys think it will do any good in improving them or make them smaller ?

MemberMember
(@csk8)

Posted : 06/17/2014 1:04 pm

i think they don't look bad at all! definitely improving! you sure they're ice pick scars and not your pores?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/17/2014 1:30 pm

i think they don't look bad at all! definitely improving! you sure they're ice pick scars and not your pores?

yeah they were ice pick scars but look like hugeee pores now i guess

i would be fine if there were smaller and less noticeably but im hoping to do a tca peel next week probably

i saw alot of good results on realself so why not :X

MemberMember
(@zippygent)

Posted : 06/17/2014 1:33 pm

Hello Leadingforce my scarring is very similar to yours did you ever try getting a laser done I'm thinking of getting co2 laser not the whole face but just the problem area which is my cheeks.. here is a video of the doctor and procedure I'm thinking about getting

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/17/2014 2:25 pm

Hello Leadingforce my scarring is very similar to yours did you ever try getting a laser done I'm thinking of getting co2 laser not the whole face but just the problem area which is my cheeks.. here is a video of the doctor and procedure I'm thinking about getting

i cant do laser because of my pale skin the surgeon said , well i could but they didnt recommend it on my skin type

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/17/2014 2:59 pm

actually if you have pale skin you are an excellent candidate for laser, peels etc but i wouldnt recommend going that route for your skin. i would try the tca peels and see how it goes. dont do them yourself though.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/17/2014 4:15 pm

actually if you have pale skin you are an excellent candidate for laser, peels etc but i wouldnt recommend going that route for your skin. i would try the tca peels and see how it goes. dont do them yourself though.

i have asian skin and yeah im gonna have to do it at home to save money lol , i did it once before but i couldnt remember anything different but well see how it goes ill try post update maybe

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 06/17/2014 10:38 pm

LeadingForce,

How many sessions of TCA cross have you had? And approximately what % improvement have you seen from them so far?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/18/2014 10:34 am

LeadingForce,

How many sessions of TCA cross have you had? And approximately what % improvement have you seen from them so far?

1 session using i think 80% and 70% improvement

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/18/2014 12:13 pm

so does anyone think i would get decent results from a tca peel ? multi layer or no ?

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 06/18/2014 12:32 pm

70-80% improvement is great for 1 session. How long was your downtime?

so does anyone think i would get decent results from a tca peel ? multi layer or no ?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/18/2014 12:38 pm

70-80% improvement is great for 1 session. How long was your downtime?

Don't bother with TCA peel, I don't think it will help you much at all. The peel will be of weaker solution and is meant to treat wide areas.

TCA cross is much better for ice picks.

my pores look too small to do another round of tca cross

also the downtime ? 1 week for it to heal

but the redness is noticeable until about 3-4 months

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/18/2014 1:38 pm

i have had many tca peels done and you should not have any redness once you peel it actually helps any hyperpigmentation so your skin should look pretty good after you are done but you would need many peels to really do anything. when i got them they would start with 10% tca and then go up to 5 layers then work up to 20% tca with 5 layers. my skin always looked great after a peel but i was just getting them for red marks and to clear out acne at the time. it usually took me about a full 7 days to stop peeling but everybody is different

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/18/2014 1:52 pm

i have had many tca peels done and you should not have any redness once you peel it actually helps any hyperpigmentation so your skin should look pretty good after you are done but you would need many peels to really do anything. when i got them they would start with 10% tca and then go up to 5 layers then work up to 20% tca with 5 layers. my skin always looked great after a peel but i was just getting them for red marks and to clear out acne at the time. it usually took me about a full 7 days to stop peeling but everybody is different

did it help your pores and skin texture ??

i read your skin looks pinkish for about a month after because of the new skin

also what % did you do ?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/18/2014 1:57 pm

yes my skin looked very nice and even after having them but like i said i wouldn't do these myself. i got mine done at a medical spa for $125 a pop but they would run specials for $99 every so often too. i used to do glycolic and mandelic acid peels myself all the time with no issues but tca is a lot stronger so its just not worth it.

i tend to have huge pores so at the spa the doctor there would zap the really big ones near my cheeks with ipl and they would look smaller pretty much instantly. this is not permanent but it does work for that too but really your skin is fine i dont think it looks bad at all.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/18/2014 2:03 pm

yes my skin looked very nice and even after having them but like i said i wouldn't do these myself. i got mine done at a medical spa for $125 a pop but they would run specials for $99 every so often too. i used to do glycolic and mandelic acid peels myself all the time with no issues but tca is a lot stronger so its just not worth it.

i tend to have huge pores so at the spa the doctor there would zap the really big ones near my cheeks with ipl and they would look smaller pretty much instantly. this is not permanent but it does work for that too but really your skin is fine i dont think it looks bad at all.

does tca peel help rolling scars ?

i have like 2 or 3 mild ones on my forehead that i cant see because of my bathroom lightning and its barely noticeable to me but other people can see it thats weird

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/18/2014 2:09 pm

that i dont know when i had the peels i didnt have scars then so not too sure. i cant see that it would help that much but who knows. you would probably need at least a series of 6 of them to find out for sure.

that is odd how do you know other people can see them? have they said something to you?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/18/2014 2:23 pm

that i dont know when i had the peels i didnt have scars then so not too sure. i cant see that it would help that much but who knows. you would probably need at least a series of 6 of them to find out for sure.

that is odd how do you know other people can see them? have they said something to you?

no has ever said anything about my scars , even my friends but when i ask my nephew if he sees it he said yeah but tbh noone really cares but us but still i like to improve my skin the best i can since it makes me self conscious

im gonna do a tca peel probably saturday and hopefully all goes well with the results

i would do it at the derm but i alrdy have the tca peel and just dont have that kind of money to spend

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/18/2014 2:36 pm

yeah for sure that is true nobody cares about scars just us. believe me i am all for trying to correct them for sure but yours just look like big pores to me. lol my pores are almost that size normally.

if you do the tca i would just be very careful and only leave it on a few minutes and then next time you can up the time and layers. just make sure to neutralize it after you are done unless it is self neutralizing. baking soda and water are good for neutralizing it yourself though if you have to. good luck.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/18/2014 3:05 pm

yeah for sure that is true nobody cares about scars just us. believe me i am all for trying to correct them for sure but yours just look like big pores to me. lol my pores are almost that size normally.

if you do the tca i would just be very careful and only leave it on a few minutes and then next time you can up the time and layers. just make sure to neutralize it after you are done unless it is self neutralizing. baking soda and water are good for neutralizing it yourself though if you have to. good luck.

yeah i think my bp and glycolic helped my pores become a bit smaller then they use to be and made my skin thinner so i probably will just do 1 good layer , i heard the better the frost the better the peeling and results will be

i got most of these from black heads so they could be scarred pores or small ice pick scars

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/18/2014 3:15 pm

i do think the glycolic helps the pores for sure. i love it! yeah try the 1 layer but you wont see much results from that it will take a good multi-layered peel to really get you a nice good peeling. i have had a 2 layer tca peel and barely peeled but the 5 layer one gave me a nice thick peeling and it peeled fast like in 2 days. whatever you do dont peel off the peeling skin no matter how annoying it is to you and also i would wait a few weeks or longer in between peels to be safe.

also dont go in the sun before or after your peel and if you are out wear at least an spf 30 sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/18/2014 5:28 pm

i do think the glycolic helps the pores for sure. i love it! yeah try the 1 layer but you wont see much results from that it will take a good multi-layered peel to really get you a nice good peeling. i have had a 2 layer tca peel and barely peeled but the 5 layer one gave me a nice thick peeling and it peeled fast like in 2 days. whatever you do dont peel off the peeling skin no matter how annoying it is to you and also i would wait a few weeks or longer in between peels to be safe.

also dont go in the sun before or after your peel and if you are out wear at least an spf 30 sunscreen.

i plan on doing them maybe every 3 months maybe if the first one goes well

also what did you apply for 1 week during the peel ? are you allow to wash your face with a cleanser ?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/18/2014 10:09 pm

You can use a gentle cleanser but only pat dry after rinsing. No rubbing the skin. I was given apres peel smoothing balm from pca to use until i was done peeling. Such great stuff!