Notifications
Clear all

I've Gotten Rid Of Acne...can Help You Guys

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/16/2014 2:04 pm

went from acne infected face a few years back to clear skin...I don't use bullshit products.

Didn't just eat healthy, I ate foods that did not agitate my skin and this took a while figure out, if you have any questions just ask me.

post-146695-0-92411000-1332447985_thumb.

post-146695-0-08450900-1403155213.jpg

this is the result.

post-146695-0-08450900-1403155213.jpg

MemberMember
(@mysticmagix)

Posted : 06/16/2014 5:41 pm

so what did you use?

MemberMember
(@helenaw)

Posted : 06/17/2014 6:54 pm

Tell us what worked for you.

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/19/2014 12:23 am

It was a lot of trial and error so some foods that I eat and or avoid eating might be different for you. But generally, I avoid eating saturated foods like fast foods and i only eat foods fried up with olive oil. I work out, so I mainly eat a lot of chicken breasts.

What I found out was that I can fry the breast with olive oil and eat it without any acne. You don't have to eat vegetables, but they can help. The most important thing is fnding out specifically what food causes you acne and you have to take note of that.

Even though they say lentil beans is healthy, it gave me acne at specific areas such as my forehead and back of neck and when I stopped eating them, my acne disappeared.

MemberMember
(@joshd1987)

Posted : 06/19/2014 2:19 am

interesting. are you sure it wasn't just that your acne went away as you got older? how can you be sure it was the foods?

(not challenging you - just curious)

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/19/2014 1:12 pm

interesting. are you sure it wasn't just that your acne went away as you got older? how can you be sure it was the foods?

(not challenging you - just curious)

well I can still get acne when i eat the junk foods i mentioned. My acne is still present if I don't keep up with my diet. I usually have a strict diet if im going to a special even or go out. When there is usually a 3 week of me not doing anything special i tend to fall off the diet and the acne starts to kick in again.

MemberMember
(@squid31)

Posted : 06/21/2014 10:29 pm

You know, I used to think food doesn't effect acne but honestly I don't think that's the case.

Quitting sodas and limiting fast food did really improve my condition

Also, How did you figure out what food agitated you? did you keep a journal?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/22/2014 9:27 pm

You know, I used to think food doesn't effect acne but honestly I don't think that's the case.

Quitting sodas and limiting fast food did really improve my condition

Also, How did you figure out what food agitated you? did you keep a journal?

Pretty much logged what I ate consistently and see if I start to break out.

Things that made me break out were:

-lentil beans (specific neck and forehead breakouts for this)

-lack of sleep

-fast foods

-saturated fats (red meat, bacon, etc)

-soda

-other sugar drinks

-foods with a lot of salt

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/25/2014 3:35 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 06/25/2014 3:57 pm

any medication that you've taken...?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/25/2014 6:05 pm

any medication that you've taken...?

Never took any medication... Only thing I used was a cleanser to wash away the oily skin called Cetaphil. It doesn't leave my skin dry, but it's not the reason I'm clear, I just use it so I don't feel oily and dry

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 06/25/2014 6:39 pm

Do you have redness from past acne? And if yes, have u found anything to clear it?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/25/2014 10:19 pm

Do you have redness from past acne? And if yes, have u found anything to clear it?

The redness goes away once you clear the acne completely. It takes a few days for it to clear if you're able to keep acne down.

If I get like a cystic acne or moderate acne from eating fast foods(a man's gotta indulge) it usually takes me a week to clear acne and Prob another week or two to clear the redness or coloration of skin left by acne. This is all done by eating foods that do not cause inflamation as I mentioned

MemberMember
(@darksky99)

Posted : 06/26/2014 10:42 pm

How long did it take to see results when you started eating better and how long from the start did you become acne-free?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/27/2014 2:24 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@mysticmagix)

Posted : 06/27/2014 2:19 pm

what about deep blackheads or bumps under the sin you cant see...is that from eating poorly?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/27/2014 10:36 pm

I sometimes get that and yeah, just having a bad diet can cause that.

if you want me to give you tips and fix what you're eating etc...just make a log of what you eat every day and post it here. I'll let you know what to try to eliminate and see if it improves your skin.

MemberMember
(@user219301)

Posted : 06/28/2014 1:56 am

I thought chicken was high in omega-6 which can lead to inflammation?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 06/28/2014 3:27 am

what chicken too? :0 wth to eat then??

cos if u wont eat meat and fats ur face will get gaunt or scar/wrinkle prone? do not fucking need that.

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/28/2014 4:45 pm

cos if u wont eat meat and fats ur face will get gaunt or scar/wrinkle prone? do not fucking need that.

I eat chicken breasts and stir fry with olive oil, i also take fish oil pills for omega 3 fats. You can also eat avocados for healthy fats. You can eat fish as well either grilled or stir fried. Try to avoid using other oils besides olive oil.

When you feel like eating out just watch what's on the menu. I generally get something with chicken breasts and griled and for carbs, i tend to get brown rice or whole wheat bread with some vegetables. You can occasionally eat pizza etc for cheat meals if you want to but make sure your acne's been handled first, you dont want to make it worse.

I've been used to this for years that I can tell when my acne will pop up so that's when I avoid eating junk foods and just eat healthy for that couple of days until the inflamation goes away.

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/28/2014 5:26 pm

I thought chicken was high in omega-6 which can lead to inflammation?

and people say lentils is low glycemic index which helps with acne, but it caused acne for me. Not every body is the same man, and like i said, chicken breast in general is healhty because it isn't filled with a lot of bad fats.

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 06/28/2014 8:02 pm

The redness goes away once you clear the acne completely. It takes a few days for it to clear if you're able to keep acne down.

If I get like a cystic acne or moderate acne from eating fast foods(a man's gotta indulge) it usually takes me a week to clear acne and Prob another week or two to clear the redness or coloration of skin left by acne. This is all done by eating foods that do not cause inflamation as I mentioned

What face wash do u use? cuz i just realized tht the reason my red marks have been lingering longer than usual is cuz i stopped using my morning burst face wash for more than a month ;/ i hope i can get rid of them completely now tht im using it again. What spot treatments do u use?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/28/2014 9:47 pm

What face wash do u use? cuz i just realized tht the reason my red marks have been lingering longer than usual is cuz i stopped using my morning burst face wash for more than a month ;/ i hope i can get rid of them completely now tht im using it again. What spot treatments do u use?

I just use cetaphil since it doesnt dry my skin and washes away that oily feel on my skin

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 06/29/2014 2:28 pm

I eat chicken breasts and stir fry with olive oil, i also take fish oil pills for omega 3 fats. You can also eat avocados for healthy fats. You can eat fish as well either grilled or stir fried. Try to avoid using other oils besides olive oil.

When you feel like eating out just watch what's on the menu. I generally get something with chicken breasts and griled and for carbs, i tend to get brown rice or whole wheat bread with some vegetables. You can occasionally eat pizza etc for cheat meals if you want to but make sure your acne's been handled first, you dont want to make it worse.

I've been used to this for years that I can tell when my acne will pop up so that's when I avoid eating junk foods and just eat healthy for that couple of days until the inflamation goes away.

ok..ur skin rly looks nice btw..but hey how many yrs have u had acne in total?

u never cheat with anything else at all?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 06/29/2014 10:12 pm

8 plus years and still ongoing. If you're gonna have a cheat meal... Just eat whatever you want lol. Just don't do it too often