Notifications
Clear all

Any Difference In Taking 1 20Mg Pill Vs 2 10Mg Pills?

MemberMember
(@iwillsurvive)

Posted : 06/13/2014 11:14 pm

This may be a really stupid question.. but for 4 months i've been taking 20mg/day of accutane(oratane), and my acne has gone down significantly and pretty much had no pimples after 3.5 months of treatment. Saw my doctor around 2 weeks ago and he told me since the treatment was going so well, he would prescribe be 6 more weeks of 20mg/day and another 6 weeks of 10mg/day and i'll be finished.

So i go the pharmacy and they gave me 10mg pills of oratane instead of the 20mg I was used to. I was supposed to take 2 a day and then 1 a day after 6 weeks.

Yesterday I got my first cyst in weeks near my chin area, a whitehead on my forehead and another one on my nose. So I developed around 4 pimples on my face. I woke up this morning and most of those pimples were healed and only the cyst was left, though smaller than it was last night.

How could I have been clear completely for a month or so and have some of my acne come back?? the only thing I can think of is that I'm taking 2 10mg pills at once rather than a single 20mg pill. that and its exam period. physiologically does taking 2 pills instead of 1 affect the absorption of the drug? I'm starting to get paranoid that accutane isn't working anymore and all my acne is going to come back after I finish my treatment.

Oh yeah.. and my side effects have been getting a bit better as well for some reason. Not sure if this is normal

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

MemberMember
(@sheryleg)

Posted : 06/14/2014 12:22 am

No it shouldn't. You will still be getting the same amount...

MemberMember
(@riffdex)

Posted : 06/15/2014 11:06 am

There's no difference in taking two 10mg vs one 20mg. You're being paranoid. Random breakouts can happen when taking Accutane, you need to ignore the day to day and focus on how your face will be when you are completely done with treatment.

The only way the two 10mgs would be any different is if you forget to take one because you are used to only taking the medicine once a day.