Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonnyLott

Going Abroad With The Regime

I have been following "The Regime" for probably about 6 months now.

Unsure of how clear my skin really is as friends and family say I have no spots/acne, however, I see things completely differently and think my skin is horrendous....but that is not the point of this topic, so anyway....

I am going on Holiday for 1 week to Gran Canaria with some friends and I am worried about how my skin will react to: The Sun, Sunscreen and "The Regime" abroad.

Currently I do the following:

AT NIGHT ONLY

• Wash
  • 1 Pump benzoyl peroxide
  • 1 Pump AHA
  • 1 Pump Moisturiser

I have closed comedones on my chin so have been using Paulas Choice BHA 1% on that area instead of the AHA/Moisturiser mix

Should I:

• Stop using the regime when abroad?
  • Just use AHA/Moisturiser and BHA ?
  • Continue as normal?

If anyone has been through this then please share your advice!!

i didnt go abroad, but i did go away for awile and had the same questions. For me, i can only apply sunscreen on my nose and forhead without breaking out- but if i put it on my cheeks then all hell will break loose. So what i would do is get a pair of sunglasses (particularly ones that are wayfarer style) First of all they are on trend, secondly they cover your upper cheek pretty well. Next get yourself a hat (your prob already have one) so your face is covered. I had wearing hats, but i suck it up because id rather not get burned!

Use the treatment once daily, preferably at night. Sunscreen is a must whether you like tanning or not.

Discontinue the aha use for these days so as not to cause extra irritation. Find a non comedogenic spf with mat effect. Vichy is having a great one with spf50 and stays totally mat in humidity. You can skip the moisturizing of the regime as it is a bit greasy. Wear the spf cream instead.