Notifications
Clear all

Purging Or Just Breaking Out?

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/11/2014 4:54 pm

So i've started using coconut oil on my face every day and night just before I wash.

I rinse with warm water, massage it all around, and then wash with my CeraVe cleanser and use ACV as a toner.

And now i've got lots of little bumps all over. I feel like the coconut oil is helping moisturize and even out my skin tone, but I think it may also be the cause of these little bumps...

It's either the fact that it's summer, I wore a lot of make up last week, or the coconut oil.

Opinions?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/11/2014 5:12 pm

Coconut oil is pretty high on the comedogenic scale. If you are acne prone, it may not be the best choice for you.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/11/2014 6:38 pm

Coconut oil is pretty high on the comedogenic scale. If you are acne prone, it may not be the best choice for you.

okay, thanks for the reply! I wanted to keep using it, just so see if it would clear up over time, but I think i'll stop it.

MemberMember
(@helenaw)

Posted : 06/12/2014 2:37 pm

Coconut oil makes me break out. I can not use it even though it is so good for my face.

MemberMember
(@csk8)

Posted : 06/12/2014 3:09 pm

coconut oil may not be the best choice, but on the other hand you could be breaking out from the summer heat.. i.e. heat rash. there are a bunch of different factors which could contribute to these little bumps breaking out on your skin. if i were you i which i know I'm not i would stop using coconut oil for a week or two and see if the little bumps go away if not then it wasn't the coconut oil and could be another product you are using.