Notifications
Clear all

Sulfur To Cure Acne, Which One?

MemberMember
(@drummerben04)

Posted : 06/10/2014 8:24 pm

Hello, I've been suffereing from hormonal acne for about 6 years. I've tried everything nothing has worked. Until now. I've been researching into sulfur being the miracle cure. I've decided I wanted to make my own paste with coconut oil. The only problem is I have 2 choices on which sulfur to buy and I'd like your help in picking one.

1: Gold Standard Organic Sulfur

[removed]

This sulfur states it's never grounded because that ruins the molecular structure of sulfur making it less effective. It also has no filler or anti-baking agents and it's sourced in the USA. Also is "99%" pure.

It has a price tag of $40 a pound

The only problem is the crystals are kind of big, thats right not a powder so it would be kind of hard making it into a paste. I guess I could blend them in a blend tech blender :D.

2: Ground Yellow Sulfur Powder 99.8+% Pure Brimstone EPA approved for feedstock

[removed]

No guaranteed of the quality on this one but it's a powder that will easily mixed. It's EPA approved whatever that means. Plus it's a hell of a lot cheaper and 60 reviews almost all 5 stars.

Should I be worried about additives in the second and go with the 1st one and grind it myself or risk it with the cheaper 2nd option

Thanks for the help!

MemberMember
(@wikkid)

Posted : 06/15/2014 3:53 pm

Im afraid I can't be much of a help, as the closest thing to sulfur I have used is MSM powder (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane). But Im very interested in the idea and I'd like to hear how this experiment goes.

MemberMember
(@tootie2014)

Posted : 06/27/2014 1:46 am

I'm not sure the first will stay stable ground which means the molecules will be too large to penetrate your skin anyway. So the second may be your best bet, however I'm not sure how much good sulfur will do at preventing your acne on a daily basis. Though it will clear debris. Try alternating making a zinc oxide powder mask with coconut oil every other night along with the brimstone in your regimine.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 07/23/2014 4:05 pm

We are still using this and like it very much.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/12/2014 2:21 pm

Careful with coconut oil regularly- it will also inhibit penetration.

A mortar and pestil to grind down whatever you choose will make a powder or water paste more spreadable.

MSM powder on the other hand dissolves easily in the tiniest bit of water, and it can be painted on with a fan brush, as with homemade digestive enzyme paste masks.