Notifications
Clear all

The Start Of My Journey With Ortho Tri-Cylen And Trying To Get Clear Skin

MemberMember
(@hannabanana26)

Posted : 06/10/2014 7:28 pm

I just started taking the BC pill Ortho Tri-Cyclen in hopes of having beautiful skin.

A little background on my skin - I had perfect skin up until the age of 16 (I am now 20). Once I hit 16 I would get a lot of clogged pores, but nothing drastic. My skin got to be very congested and I would get the occasional breakout at about age 18. My skin has also been fairly oily since the age of 16. When I started University (age 18), I went on an anti-biotic in order to clear my skin. That anti biotic was Doxycycline. It did wonders and I had beautiful skin for months. I went off of it last summer and it somehow kept my skin clear for months. I was also on the BC pill Alesse at the time, which did nothing for my skin. After being off doxy for a few months BAM my skin broke out like crazy! I've never had painful under the skin acne before, but now I suddenly had it. I decided to go off of Alesse for several months (approx 4) to give my body a break. My skin went on a roller coaster from bad to good to horrible to semi-clear. Now, I just started taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen because I have heard that it's one of the only BC proven to clear acne.

I started taking Othro Tri- Cyclen almost 3 weeks ago.

Week 1 - My skin almost looked like it was clearing up. I did not breakout at all.

Week 2 - BOOM. ACNE. MAJOR ACNE. I got two huge painful breakouts on my forehead and my pores clogged a lot

Week 3 - I am almost done week 3, but so far I had a few painful breakouts on the side of my chin and along my jaw line on one side only

I am curious to see what is going to happen during the sugar pills.

I am praying this is just an initial breakout and that everything will calm down soon... Most information I read says that it takes about 3 months to adjust to a new BC pill.

I am just so fed up with having crappy skin. Hopefully this log will help some of you!

Definitely tell me about your experience with Ortho Tri-Cyclen or any BC pill and acne.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/15/2014 4:16 pm

Good Luck. Birth Controls are a rough ride but if it is meant to work for you, it will in 6 or so months.

MemberMember
(@oliviaaa20)

Posted : 08/02/2014 8:45 pm

Hi there

I've been on OTC for 2 months now and my skin broke out horribly about a week ago and is at it's worst now. Anyways keep us posted on your journey

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/02/2014 10:14 pm

stop taking the meds itll ruin your gut, Read my other posts on how to cure acne, your acne is a sign of something being wrong in your body plz listen