Notifications
Clear all

Study: Does Drinking And Applying Lemon Juice Get Rid Of Your Acne?

MemberMember
(@happinesslove)

Posted : 06/10/2014 2:47 pm

Hi I'm new to this website but I want to preform a study.I'm going to be drink lemon water and applying lemon juice (undiluted) on my face.to see if my acne goes away.I have acne on my forehead and left cheek (surprisingly I don't have acne on my right cheek).I'll keep you guys updated :)

MemberMember
(@cocosofia)

Posted : 06/10/2014 4:07 pm

other variables like overall diet, fitness etc?

MemberMember
(@ancoraimparo)

Posted : 06/10/2014 10:46 pm

I would advise against this. I believe a study shows that although lemon juice lightens hyperpigmentation, applying as a topical also impairs the functioning of your skin barrier, which leaves the skin more prone to acne scars and infections. However, if you choose to do this, I would strongly recommend diluting the lemon juice as it is strongly acidic and will cause an imbalance in pH in the skin. Be careful and good luck.

MemberMember
(@happinesslove)

Posted : 06/11/2014 10:15 am

We I try to stay away from carbohydrates and I dont do much exercise since I'm fit I did start drinking one carrot juice a day which I heard can cure your acne in about two weeks I try not to consume a lot of sugar.

As for the lemon I noticed that some of my acne scars are less noticeable so some of my little whitehead(under the skin bumps) are starting to go away on my forehead .oh and I also started to have better oral hygiene.BTW I'm a teen so I'm not doing it for adult acne.

MemberMember
(@happinesslove)

Posted : 06/11/2014 4:17 pm

Update I stopped putting lemon on myface it seemed to irritate my skin which broke it out even more but I'm still drinking lemon water.I'm also using caladryl (calamine)has a spot butits eextremely drying so I use it twice a week and I don't recommend using this as a mask

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/12/2014 9:01 am

Get rid of, no. Help. Sure. Drinking diluted lemon juice aids digestion, provides vitamin C, etc. Topical diluted lemon juice restores PH, provides vitamin C, may lighten hyperpigmentation, etc.

MemberMember
(@blakehenry)

Posted : 06/12/2014 9:47 am

I would advise against this. I believe a study shows that although lemon juice lightens hyperpigmentation, applying as a topical also impairs the functioning of your skin barrier, which leaves the skin more prone to acne scars and infections. However, if you choose to do this, I would strongly recommend diluting the lemon juice as it is strongly acidic and will cause an imbalance in pH in the skin. Be careful and good luck.

I would dilute it as well,

But if the OP has been using an OTC cleanser for years then I would strongly recommend using lemon juice topically. Diluted in a little bit of water. Your skin is naturally acidic and after years and years on cleansers and topicals, your faces natural acid mantle can be in need of repair.

I would avoid drinking it,

It's horrible for your teeth and citrus is a common food allergen.

I would just consume good old fashion water along with green/white tea.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/12/2014 1:20 pm

I would avoid drinking it,

It's horrible for your teeth and citrus is a common food allergen.

Rinse your mouth after and yes, IF you are intolerant to it, then don't consume it.

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 06/12/2014 2:10 pm

You can use a straw have you tried drinking a teaspoon (not sure if it is a teaspoon) of acv a day. I dont do citrus even one drop of lemon juice will cause a cyst for me. One tangerine will mean increased heart rate, intense itching 2 cysts withing 3 minutes ish, dizzines oh and 2 tangerines will mean a trip to the hospital. 3 tangerines will probably kill me which is sad as i never thought i would be so easy to kill. Death by tangerines isn't exactly appealing.

Sorry I dont mean to scare you have you tried applying licorice extract or applying a 4 percent niachimide solution you can google some recipies.

MemberMember
(@happinesslove)

Posted : 06/14/2014 9:45 am

Thanks for all the advice I'm still drinking lemon water which has helped a ton.I drink about two tablespoons of acv in one water bottle a day.also I'm going to start putting on a potato mask every night for two months to see if I can get rid of theses hyperpigmentions.I'll try to update almost every day . : )