14 Weeks In, Still...

Notifications
Clear all

14 Weeks In, Still Breaking Out

MemberMember
(@rhyno148)

Posted : 06/09/2014 2:21 am

Hey guys,

So annoying! Ive had a cluster of acne break out on my forehead, and it's really doing my head in!

I was nearly at a point where it was starting to go, even the older marks were slowly but gradually disappearing, but now a cluster of 3-4 have broken out.

I am not sure what to do, I stick to the regimen, and usually the only time I don't apply is Friday night, just to give the skin a break...

Please help!

MemberMember
(@rhyno148)

Posted : 06/10/2014 4:48 pm

Any advice, anyone?

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:23 pm

Hey i dont really have any advice but people can take up to 3-4 months before being completely clear from what Ive read so I would say persevere. Im currently on week 6 and still breaking out too.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/10/2014 6:01 pm

I was still breaking out regularly until my 4th month in. Give it a few more weeks. Keep in mind also that the regimen may not completely clear you. It kept my acne in the background but i was not 100% clear 100% of the time.

MemberMember
(@rhyno148)

Posted : 06/11/2014 2:22 am

I just getting a bit fed up of it, had about 2 weeks no new spots, and the old ones slowly disappearing, but one massive break out, about 6 spots now...

I also have these little white pimples by my chin, don't hurt, any idea as to what they might be?

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 06/11/2014 11:34 am

Have you tried the AHA as spot treatment?

MemberMember
(@rhyno148)

Posted : 06/11/2014 1:01 pm

No I haven't! Should I?

MemberMember
(@krishmapee)

Posted : 06/11/2014 2:31 pm

I've been on and off with the regimen for about a year now, and its been a tumultous experience. When I first started (my acne was not bad at all) it cleared me up immediately but the flaking (Although not horrible) was still always there. At about the 6 month mark I introduced AHA on my already dry skin and that did not go well...had redness, itchyness, swelling. I took a break from all these products to let my skin become moisturized again and once all was normal I resumed the regimen. However, when I got back on it I was still using the full amount of BP and my skin was no longer used to that so I had the WORST skin situation. Flaking to the extreme, dryness to the extreme, everything was swollen and red, and even my family was getting concerned. I decided "Thats it im done" and quit COLD turkey to all organic products. The first week was okay but let me tell in the second and third weeks my acne came back with a FEROCIOUS vengence (although the natural glow to my skin had restored). Before I just had "pimples" but this time around it was full fledged bad "acne" and it was only in the spots where I used to apply the BP. Anyways i've learned a lot on my regimen journey and I know that the more BP you apply the quicker you'll get results. That being said the more BP you apply the flakier you will be and once you've destroyed your skins moisture barrier, it'll be almost impossible to get that back without quitting the regimen for a while. So i'd say slowly work your way up to the full amount, let your skin adjust, and you'll see results soon enough. I was forced to get back on the regimen because of this acne, and my cheeks are all scared and my skin is all bumpy, but im two weeks into the regimen and taking it VERY slowly this time around. I am seeing results, but very slowly, and I am okay with that because I have gone the opposite route and its not very fun.

lol I basically wrote an essay to let you know "dw take your time and it is BOUND to work"

Cheers

MemberMember
(@rhyno148)

Posted : 06/11/2014 5:12 pm

I'll keep going with it, just so annoyed with it, just as you think you're getting somewhere, bam. Have 2 at the top of my nose, and 4-5 on forehead, and 2 on chin...