Notifications
Clear all

Cod Liver Oil Gave Me The Worst Breakout I've Had In Years

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 06/07/2014 9:07 am

And I took supposedly the best kind you can get (green pastures fermented).

I'm exactly two weeks in taking it and my chin is full of whiteheads as well as a couple painful red bumps coming up.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I was fairly clear prior to taking this, but I started because supposedly it would give you a better complextion.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 06/07/2014 11:33 am

I've taken Green Pastures FCLO for years with nothing but great results: Reduced tooth sensitivity and improved skin texture and clarity. It contains a lot of fat soluble vitamins (D, E, A) which I have heard of causing purging/detox symptoms in some people. I have never experienced it myself, though. You also might have a sensitivity to fish. If you had impure skin before starting, you can't really blame the FCLO for sure without more trial time. The breakout could have been caused by something else in your diet. It takes weeks to go from clogged pore to inflamed pimple, so it might have been something you ate three or even four weeks ago causing your recent symptoms. Avoid all dairy, processed grains, sugars and excess carbohydrates. If you are not already avoiding these things, it's probably your diet causing your breakouts, not the FCLO.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/07/2014 5:37 pm

And I took supposedly the best kind you can get (green pastures fermented).

I'm exactly two weeks in taking it and my chin is full of whiteheads as well as a couple painful red bumps coming up.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I was fairly clear prior to taking this, but I started because supposedly it would give you a better complextion.

i use to take it aswell but it caused breakouts for me to so i stopped

im guessing it doesnt work for everyone

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 06/07/2014 8:32 pm

It also gave me painful pimples on my forehead...a place I NEVER get acne.

MemberMember
(@blakehenry)

Posted : 06/12/2014 9:49 am

What is the brand if I could ask?