Notifications
Clear all

2 Years+ Old Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@chickenegglover)

Posted : 06/06/2014 11:23 pm

Hey guys, I have had these same acne scars on my face for over 2 years now.. What can I do about them? I've tried scarzone, clearasil, I went to the doctor and tried some of the prescription creams, not even slight effect. I have also changed my diet about 6 months ago, cutting off a lot of sweets I used to eat, and eating more fruits veggies and protein. I have light red/pink dent scars on my cheeks, some dark red/black scars between my eye and hairline (both sides), and some really black scars.

Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 06/07/2014 1:34 am

It's difficult to recommend anything without a picture, but assuming your scarring is mild/shallow, there are a number of effective treatments you can try. First and foremost, as far as mild texture issues and PIH, retin-a is a fantastic solution. This is a prescription only product, but does wonders and also helps prevent milder forms of acne. It honestly really depends on the severity of the scarring though, as most atrophic scarring doesn't respond to topical treatments. In that case, micro needling combined with the suction method can help if done correctly and over a period of time.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 06/07/2014 3:53 am

Please post a picture, So you'll get many more answers that way to help you.