Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have red marks from acne all over my face, back, and chest. My acne itself is minimal. I've had acne since I was 8, and now I'm 17. There were a few years that I had really severe acne. Not even accutane helped, and I was on it for 10 months plus I took three different antibiotics during that time. Anyways, now i just have a few small breakouts here and there, and it's very tolerable. What bothers me is the marks left behind. I've done three lazer treatments, by the way, and my dermatologist told me anymore treatments won't help. He also said the only other option is to actually cut into my skin and removed pieces so I just would have small white line scars. I don't want to do that. So, over the past few years since then, I've been working on trying to heal my skin naturally. I've also done two chemical peals as well on my own.

Here's my new routine. I alternate between two masks every other day. One is just the Aztec Secret Indian Healing clay mask. I'm using it to exfoliate and deep clean my skin. The other mask is a turmeric mask. I've experimented with different things, and it works best to just keep it simple. So all I put in it is organic honey, turmeric, olive oil, and a little water. Then, after I wash the mask off, I use a green tea toner that I made. It's just green tea from leaves and some lemon juice. After that, I use aloe vera straight from the plant. I also use the toner and the aloe in the morning after I wash my face.

In addition to all this, I take a multi vitamin, fish oil, vitamin c, vitamin d, and a supplement to help with my hormonal acne. I also juice and make smoothies. I eat fresh fruits and veggies. I make powders with flax seeds, chia seeds, millet, and buckwheat and put it in my smoothies. I also get omega 3's from other parts of my diet too.

Do you think I'll have any success with this routine? I've been dealing with acne for almost 9 years, so I feel like I've tried everything. Any advice is appreciated!