Notifications
Clear all

No Hope Anymore

MemberMember
(@jsm1894)

Posted : 06/06/2014 12:03 pm

Beginning of month 4 and my face just keeps getting worse. Even though it's hard to say, I don't think there is hope anymore. I am not mentally strong enough to spend the next few years like this.. I sit here and pray every night hoping that it will get better.

MemberMember
(@hopeisall)

Posted : 06/06/2014 12:27 pm

You won't have to wait for years. Accutane worked after 8 months in my case and most of the time it gets worse at first.

No hope anymore...... That is not true, there is always hope. Sometimes hope is all there is.

try to lift your spirit and focus / do the things you still can and enjoy.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@santacruz)

Posted : 06/06/2014 4:49 pm

It might take a while longer but accutane works. I took a 9 month course and that worked for me.

MemberMember
(@solis1)

Posted : 06/08/2014 9:36 pm

I know exactly how your feeling I'm currently on month 2 of accutane. Just know your not alone and your acne will not last forever. Good luck and stay strong man.

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/08/2014 10:25 pm

Jordan dont lose hope. We all are fighting. We will struggle. We are going to win. :)

leelowe1 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/10/2014 10:51 am

I took a 4 month accutane course, for the first 3 months things kept getting worse for me and then all of a sudden all my acne disappeared in 2 weeks (I'm still struggling with red marks and some whiteheads though). Stay strong, things will get better, eventually you'll beat this. If you don't believe me: have you ever seen an old person with acne? Because I haven't. :)

MemberMember
(@blessedgirl314)

Posted : 06/10/2014 11:54 am

Beginning of month 4 and my face just keeps getting worse. Even though it's hard to say, I don't think there is hope anymore. I am not mentally strong enough to spend the next few years like this.. I sit here and pray every night hoping that it will get better.

Hey, I feel you I've been feeling the same these past few months as my acne got worse. It came to the point where I could not even leave my room for 2 weeks (except the few times I was forced). Two weeks ago I started this daily face mask of manuka honey and cinnamon that has just done wonders! I'm almost positive that honey and cinnamon won't affect your accutane treatment, so I'd give it a try if I were you. I've never taken accutane but I've had pretty terrible skin and nothing has worked (i've had acne for 4 years now). Try it, it's very healing and calming and will likely work well for you.

Most importantly, try to be as relaxed as possible and try to minimize stress as best you can, have faith that you will get through this and you will. It seems like you won't ever, I get it, but trust me you will get through it, the more positive you are the quicker your body will start to respond to treatment.

God works in ways we don't understand sometimes, things we think are unfair are his way of allowing us to grow closer to Him. Take this time as a moment to reflect on His glory and beauty and to seek him. Declare good things upon yourself, pick up your bible and read even small portions a day. God is for you and He loves you, we only see 3 dimensions but He sees them all, this suffering is something that He wants to use to your benefit and to create your own story, don't waste this time wallowing, but use it to create a relationship with God, to improve your life, and to become a better more compassionate person.

Keep strong, God bless you, may He give you the strength you need to keep on keeping on :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/10/2014 6:18 pm

Jordan dont lose hope. We all are fighting. We will struggle. We are going to win.

Sometimes the simplest words can mean so much. I love this quote!

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/11/2014 6:29 am

Thank you leelowe1. :)

Jordan dont lose hope. We all are fighting. We will struggle. We are going to win. smile.png

Sometimes the simplest words can mean so much. I love this quote!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/12/2014 12:34 am

Hang in there.

At month 4, my cystic acne also got much worse. It was then that I confessed my frustration to my dermatologist and I convinced him to up the dosage. That was what finally cured me of the cystic acne. Accutane has been essentially a silver bullet for my acne, and to this day the most I get is the odd pimple every now and then. The scars though is my current, and ongoing struggle.