Notifications
Clear all

How Long After Tca Cross Is It Safe To Be In The Sun?

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 06/06/2014 12:25 am

Hi!

I got a TCA cross done around mid May and I will be going on vacation mid July. I would like to be able to be on the beach with only a bit of sunscreen (and not the big floppy hat I have been wearing when I've been in the sun since my treatment!). I am considering postponing my second treatment in order to be able to enjoy my vacation. Any advice?

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 06/06/2014 10:03 pm

I guess this can go for any scar revision

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 06/19/2014 12:16 am

No one has any clue?? I don't want my scars to regress (I only crossed three) but I can't imagine how fun a trip to Spain would be if I had to avoid the sun

MemberMember
(@scarryfarty)

Posted : 06/19/2014 5:22 am

They usually say you have to wear sun screen for the next 2-3 months, right?

Question: how fast did your scar 'heal' after your TCA cross method? Since you've had it on mid may, when did you see improvements? What concentration (%) TCA did you have?

I'm considering this treatment myself, but I have a festival in the beginning of juli.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 06/19/2014 6:18 am

You could possibly get hyperpigmentation from the Sun rays even with wearing a hat by the beach as that is not protecting you much at all. I would avoid the Sun if I were you since you got the treatment, but if you must go, Please put on some Heavy Sun Block & put it on every 2 hours. to stay safe.

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 06/19/2014 10:50 pm

Question: how fast did your scar 'heal' after your TCA cross method? Since you've had it on mid may, when did you see improvements? What concentration (%) TCA did you have?

I'm considering this treatment myself, but I have a festival in the beginning of juli.

My scars healed remarkably fast -I saw no scabbing at all, in fact. I seem to be an anomaly; it was as though I had nothing done after about an hour when the initial (intense) redness subsided. Now, over a month later, I see little if any improvement but I will do it again at the end of summer.

I hope by mid-July my skin will have fully healed, although it certainly appears to have already! By the time I am in Spain, it will be almost 2 and a half months since my treatment

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/21/2014 6:11 pm

My scars healed remarkably fast -I saw no scabbing at all, in fact. I seem to be an anomaly; it was as though I had nothing done after about an hour when the initial (intense) redness subsided. Now, over a month later, I see little if any improvement but I will do it again at the end of summer.

I hope by mid-July my skin will have fully healed, although it certainly appears to have already! By the time I am in Spain, it will be almost 2 and a half months since my treatment

no scabbing ? i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing , mines scabbed up and fell off 1 week later on its own

takes 3-6 months for full results

mid july your skin wont be half way healed sorry thats way to soon

also redness last 3-6 months aswell

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 06/23/2014 3:07 pm

People tend to have a tendency to be over cautious here. I'd say you're pretty safe after 2 weeks, just make sure you use sunscreen on the spots. After 1 month, your skin should be close to 100%.

I don't see the logic of the sun causing it to redepress. If anything, it would cause hyperpigmentation.