Notifications
Clear all

Did 10%benzoyl Peroxide Completely Destroy My Skin 8 Years Ago?

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 06/05/2014 8:02 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been dealing with cystic acne for 10 years now (I'm 22). Back when I was 14 years old, I used BP 10% rather aggressively. Used to put it all over my face at night and wash with HOT water in the morning without moisturizing later.

My skin got clear but very sensitive to sunlight and i would get major sunburns from staying out in the sun just for a few minutes. I had no idea moisturizers and sunscreen existed!

Anyways, fast forwards 8 years and I am still dealing with cystic acne around my mouth. I am not sure about this but I have a strong feeling that harsh use of BP completely destroyed and burnt my skin and thinned it. Also, I realized my skin is very sensitive to ANYTHING i eat. Even if I have a LITTLE bit of sugary or spicy food, I break out in a few days!

I know this is not normal and I have a strong feeling that my skin is so weak that it cannot handle even the smallest amount of sugar or spice.

I have no idea what to do. I moisturize my skin now(started few years a go) but its kinda too late. I also follow a low GI diet which helped a lot, but as I mentioned my skin cannot stand sugar or spice at all!

Is there a way to repair my skin after this BP damage? PLEASE let me know if you guys have any ideas.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/05/2014 8:46 pm

the fact that you cant handle sugar or spice has nothing to do with bp

also washing your face morning and night with HOT water with no moisturizer is like the worst thing you can ever do + using 10% bp without it def not good

well if you want to repair it i would start with moisturizer and sunscreen when you go out for sure