Notifications
Clear all

Every Moisturizer Breaks Me Out...

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 06/05/2014 6:17 pm

I am not sure if I do it wrong, but I don't think I do, but every moisturizer ever breaks me out. I've tried tons of them and even the expensive ones doesn't help shit. My skin tone is very dry especially after showering and it is annoying that i can't stand hydrated without worsening my acne.

Anyone has a fix?

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 06/05/2014 8:05 pm

have you tried oils to moisturize your skin, works 4 me i have the same problem but not no more

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 06/05/2014 8:12 pm

cetaphil bro

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/05/2014 8:48 pm

are you taking a shower in hot water ? if so switch to warm water instead

maybe try dan's aha moisturizer works good

are you sure its not purging instead of breaking out ??

MemberMember
(@flowersfornina)

Posted : 06/05/2014 8:49 pm

I think the expensive moisturizers like the brands from Sephora are a waste of money. I haven't tried all of them and I'm sure some are great but the ones I have tried sucked.

My dermatologist recommended Cerave to me and I'm SO glad he did because I haven't purchased any other moisturizer but that. You can get it at any drugstore like Target, Walmart, etc. It's only about $10 bucks (with tax, here in Canada).

What I love about it is it doesn't irritate my skin at all and keeps it moisturized. It's non-comedogenic and non-irritating. It contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid which basically helps restore and 'maintain your skin's natural protective function.' Give it a try, I swear by it. Some people use it for their eczema and it helps a lot without further irritating their skin. There's a cream and lotion type. I like the lotion version better because it's lighter and works better than the cream counterpart.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 06/06/2014 7:34 am

I still get dry even when I shower in cold/normal temperature :/

Regarding the purging.. the acne gets worse and more visible and itching, can it really be purging?

I think the expensive moisturizers like the brands from Sephora are a waste of money. I haven't tried all of them and I'm sure some are great but the ones I have tried sucked.

My dermatologist recommended Cerave to me and I'm SO glad he did because I haven't purchased any other moisturizer but that. You can get it at any drugstore like Target, Walmart, etc. It's only about $10 bucks (with tax, here in Canada).

What I love about it is it doesn't irritate my skin at all and keeps it moisturized. It's non-comedogenic and non-irritating. It contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid which basically helps restore and 'maintain your skin's natural protective function.' Give it a try, I swear by it. Some people use it for their eczema and it helps a lot without further irritating their skin. There's a cream and lotion type. I like the lotion version better because it's lighter and works better than the cream counterpart.

I will look into it, thanks :)

Do you use the Facial Moisturizing lotion or just the Moisturizing Lotion? :)

MemberMember
(@flowersfornina)

Posted : 06/06/2014 8:04 am

Regarding the purging.. the acne gets worse and more visible and itching, can it really be purging?

>>I think the expensive moisturizers like the brands from Sephora are a waste of money. I haven't tried all of them and I'm sure some are great but the ones I have tried sucked.

I will look into it, thanks

Do you use the Facial Moisturizing lotion or just the Moisturizing Lotion?

I use the moisturizing lotion. They recently just changed the packaging but this is the one I use. I really do hope it works out for you! It's the only moisturizer that's ever done it's job for me... are you sure there aren't any other factors that could be breaking you out other than the moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 06/08/2014 5:36 pm

>>>I think the expensive moisturizers like the brands from Sephora are a waste of money. I haven't tried all of them and I'm sure some are great but the ones I have tried sucked.

lockquote>

I will look into it, thanks

>I think the expensive moisturizers like the brands from Sephora are a waste of money. I haven't tried all of them and I'm sure some are great but the ones I have tried sucked.

Do you use the Facial Moisturizing lotion or just the Moisturizing Lotion?

I use the moisturizing lotion. They recently just changed the packaging but this is the one I use. I really do hope it works out for you! It's the only moisturizer that's ever done it's job for me... are you sure there aren't any other factors that could be breaking you out other than the moisturizer?

Hi again,

Thank you for the picture. I'm not sure to be honest, but every time I use a moisturizer it seems to redden/make the acne worse

MemberMember
(@marleyme)

Posted : 06/09/2014 2:42 am

Try CLEAR Hamamelis moisturizer. Even if the line is for the oily, acne prone skin, this cosmetics doesn't cause its over drying when it often happens from using mass market brands. This is the professional cosmetics which gives great results if you do everything properly. Me, I use Skin Balancer as have very oily skin. The best solution for the summer, take my word for it. Feels not like a gel but just pure water on the skin. Bad thing is that you cannot buy it online (as far as I know) but lots of beauticians work with it.

MemberMember
(@brigitta)

Posted : 06/09/2014 5:11 am

As for me I have used pure chimp super body cream to moisturize my skin.

It discovers the natural calming abilities of rich shea butter & unique banana extract.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/11/2014 2:30 pm

To be honest i dont use one- this is the same for both my brothers too. My skin doesn't react well with any creams- Ive tried all the cerave hydrating creams/lotons to cetaphil and also tons more. I honestly dont find a need for one anyways because it feels normal after i cleanse with cerave hydrating cleanser and also i use Finaceas twice a day as a topical. This has been the same skincare wise for me for months. I even live in a place with basically arctic winters, and just cover my face with a scarf if im going out.

But i do remember this time i had a really dry upper lip (this was like 2 and a half months ago) and i decided to bring out the ol cerave hydrating lotion to just use on my upper lip to releave the dryness- ended up with a bad case of folliculitus.I guess my skin hates everything.

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/12/2014 4:44 am

Have you tried "Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer"? It's very affordable and worth it. It only costs around 4 - 5 US dollars when converted. It's really good for those who have sensitive skin, and even dry skin! It's water-based, oil-free, hypo-allergenic, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. Plus it doesn't give you any post-greasy feeling and it really keeps me hydrated without leaving any residue. Come check it out :) I have acne-prone skin and it does not really give me any problems, been using it for almost 2 years now.