Notifications
Clear all

Just Started Accutane 7 Days Ago, Mild Diarrhoea!?

MemberMember
(@dina-ciccone)

Posted : 06/05/2014 6:52 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and decided to join as I've just started a 20 mg accutane course.

It's my 7th day of taking accutane and, my side affects include mild head aches, back stiffness and tight/dryish lips. Those are quite normal according to my derm and aren't bothering me too much yet.

What I'm curious to know is, did anyone else experience mild diarrhoea in the morning while on accutane? And at what point should I be worried and contact my derm? My next appointment with my derm is in a month. So was just wondering how big of a problem mild diarrhoea in the morning is? (I have no bleeding when I have a bowl movement so that is a good sign)

I must say that I did have the diarrhoea before going on accutane for a of couple days maybe cus I've changed my diet. (I've been eating spinach almost daily) and also had a bit of a flue. Could this be a factor?

MemberMember
(@dina-ciccone)

Posted : 06/05/2014 1:31 pm

Really hope someone replies to me soon

MemberMember
(@bangarang123)

Posted : 06/05/2014 6:35 pm

Maybe the mild diarrhoea is unrelated to the Accutane. I would give it a few days and see what happens; remember to drink plenty of water.

MemberMember
(@dina-ciccone)

Posted : 06/06/2014 4:01 am

Thanks for replying. I hope it's not related.

MemberMember
(@dina-ciccone)

Posted : 06/06/2014 4:32 am

I was wondering if it the mild diarrhoea does continue, is that sufficient a reason to stop accutane? And is there anything I can take along with accutane to help the symptoms.