Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cemeo

Extreme Dryness! Help

I've never used BP before, but chose to try it and tried for 2 days with 5% BP (only night, with lots of cerave moisturaizer afterwards) and it didn't really irritate my skin. Today (2nd day) my skin was just really dry that i needed to moisturaize it 3 times! I didn't bother anymore and washed my face and moisturaized, but the dryness/flakes didn't go away and my skin is still dry and peeling! Help me :( should I try jojoba oil or just let my face rest? Help please :(

Try jojoba oil.

Also, you might be using the full amount of BP, don't do it.

Start slowly:)

Edited by AldoMG

Taking a break from the bp atm. Think I need to get the 2.5 and some jojoba oil like you say, Aldo. I've heard of people who have lizard skin way into month 2, yikes. But you are right, I might have used a little to much benzoyl peroxide.

5% is way to high

2% BP will be much more gentle on your skin, and in reality its all you need.

I find by consuming a higher fat intake makes my skin look more plump and hydrated as well!

Be sure to avoid direct sunlight as well without sunscreen.

When I first started I was using 5% but I was using just a little and it worked fine, only at night though.

even 2.5% for those never use it before will get u pretty dry LOL Think about when its 5% hard core on ur face LOL

Got hold on 2.5% now so gonna try that in a couple of days while trying to apply as little as possible. After some days off BP skin is back to normal in terms of moistness.