Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone

I don't normally do these type of write ups but I thought I should share my success with fellow icepick scar/acne pit sufferers.

I managed to get a private/NHS referral to see a dermatologist at Hammersmith Hospital in London where I had one treatment of TCA Cross. This was in October 2013.

I am writing this post now because over the past month I have received a lot of positive comments about my skin.

In the first few months after the treatment I thought the scars looked wider and redder. Although my dermatologist forewarned me that would happen (the scars will look wider as they flatten out) I was convinced the treatment just hadn't worked for me. I realise now I needed more patience as the results have taken about 6 months to see. I am very pleased I have just booked a 2nd session. I should also say I am a smoker so I may have slowed down the results. But the results are so good I went out on friday night without wearing any foundation :) the redness has resolved and I have maybe 40% improvement. The dermatologist didn't treat every single pit as I just had too many on my cheeks. I should also say that I had a larger indented scar also on my cheek from a mole removal which was treated and that has completely filled up!

There is hope!