Notifications
Clear all

I Hate My Face Because Of Acne , Extremely Down (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@lekanepetit)

Posted : 06/01/2014 12:19 pm

16 years old guy here , I have no confidence and I cant EVER go out with friends without thinking " They will stare at my acne and feel sorry for me" . I honestly don't ever see a single redeeming factor about my face , I hate it and feel ugly 24/7.

Whenever I talk to anyone , even family members I can see their eyes looking at my acne , bugs the hell out of me. Especially when my mum and dad says to me "Wow your acne is getting pretty bad" . I've tried so many different creams and washes , some work for a few weeks then stop working and some dont ever work. The only thing it may be is my diet , my diet is awful and whenever I eat junk food I always notice a huge breakout the next day.

I just need some tips , thank you very much and sorry for sounding so whiney but its nice to let all my problems out.

post-400508-0-93074400-1401643118.jpg

post-400508-0-10437000-1401643132.jpg

post-400508-0-89399000-1401643144.jpg

post-400508-0-93074400-1401643118.jpg

post-400508-0-10437000-1401643132.jpg

post-400508-0-89399000-1401643144.jpg

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 06/02/2014 6:38 pm

Hey man, you don't have bad acne AT ALL. Looks like normal 16 year old guy pimples.

MemberMember
(@mrlovalova)

Posted : 06/03/2014 6:11 am

well, you suggested yourself your diet may be affecting your acne, so i would start by eating healthier and cutting on dairy and gluten ( no need to go overboard).

you seem to suffer from a bit of facial redness which makes it look a little worse than in would otherwise. may be you're over doing it with face washes etc?

that said, your acne is mild, and quite normal for your age bracket, so i really wouldn't stress about it all.

go out , have fun, and don't let it go in the way of pursuing girls you fancy. you're not ugly mate.

edit: maybe let that beard grow a bit? it makes a nice distraction.

MemberMember
(@lekanepetit)

Posted : 06/04/2014 10:18 am

Thank you for all your kind words , tips and advice.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 06/04/2014 11:27 am

I agree with the others. Your acne doesn't look bad at all, and you're actually quite attractive. What products are you using on your skin on a regular basis?

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 06/04/2014 8:10 pm

Ask your parents to be a bit more sympathetic and tell them it bothers you, so to hear them say it's looking bad is not helpful or constructive.

MemberMember
(@rishav33)

Posted : 06/05/2014 3:56 am

Hey there mate !

You don't have that bad acne, I am suffering from worse :(

Diet Really does matter, you'll need to cut down on your oily, spicy, hot foods.

Drink plenty of water upto 12 glasses per day, it'll rejuvenate your skin.

MemberMember
(@bangarang123)

Posted : 06/05/2014 6:37 pm

Dude, that's nothing compared to me, I have cysts and scars and I'm 16.

MemberMember
(@happinesslove)

Posted : 06/08/2014 5:37 pm

Ok people are going to tell you to elimate all sugar from your diet asap but I myself found it very hard to let go of sugar.I found that I could go three days without sugar and then on the fourth day eat all the sugar I could get my hands on lol the point is cutting sugar out of your diet isn't something that can be accomplished over night...just try to cut it out slowly and it would take time for results but you just have to stay strong

MemberMember
(@kim1584)

Posted : 06/09/2014 1:04 am

I know you feel like your acne is this huge target on your face that says hey look at me, but honestly I have seen and delt with a lot worse. I honestly think with the proper skincare routine you can clear up your face and keep it clear. First thing try not to stress because stress only makes it worse. Clean up your diet. Cut back on dairy and fried foods as much as possible. Dairy causes inflammation and also messes with our hormones. Fried and greasy foods cause more oil production, which us acne suffers really don't need. From the looks of it your skin is irritated. What kind of products are you using? Putting too much on your skin can also cause breakouts. I would suggest trying more gentle acne products like Neutrogena. Make sure you use a cleanser, toner, and oil free moisturizer everyday. You might even want to try just using water on your face in the morning and get some witch Hazel for a toner which helps get rid of the oil, but won't over dry your skin and will calm down the redness. Then at night use a gentle acne cleanser with sylicic acid followed by a toner and oil-free moisturizer. You just need to find the right regime that works for you. Hope this helps. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@hockeyfan99)

Posted : 06/15/2014 2:29 am

Try eating healthier, going to the gym, playing sports,etc.

Drink a lot of water to

Most importantly don't worry about going out. You will miss out on life and if someone judges you on acne then they are not worth it. You didn't ask for acne in fact none of us did and people should realize that

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/15/2014 10:24 am

Well it seems that you are already on the right track acknowledging the fact that there is something you can do to help.

Diet changes are the simpliest things people can do and even if it doesn't help directly with acne, it will help your overall health which will support your body with dealing with this disease. Also keep in mind that you're 16 so hormones are probably raging. You may just have to keep on keeping on until your hormones settle down in a few years. In the meantime, as many others have stated,

• cut out completely dairy and grain products (go paleo for 3-4 months)
  • increase veggie intake by ten fold with some fruit
  • work out (but be mindful of weight lifting)
  • do things for stress relief
  • avoid mirrors whenever possible
  • And above all else, be nice to yourself. Speaking negatively about yourself will become reality so don't do it. You're a creaure of God who happens to have acne but that in no way, shape or form means you are less than so don't treat yourself as such

In regards to ignorant people, parents included, tell them that you are aware that you have this issue but that you don't like when they point it out - it's counter productive.

True friends will ever make you feel less than and if they do, they weren't your friends to begin with,

MemberMember
(@helenaw)

Posted : 06/16/2014 1:51 pm

YOu can use a honey mask. It is antibacterial so it will do your acne wonders.

MemberMember
(@juanpesandi)

Posted : 06/16/2014 3:39 pm

Dude, I wish I had your acne and not the one I have right now. Your acne is not bad AT ALL. You might not believe the people who have said this already, but trust me, it's not bad. It's worse when you have cysts and horrible acne scars like some of us have. So, take advantage of that and try to find a regimen that works for you before it becomes worse. If nothing works, go to your dermatologist and get a prescription for antibiotics. Treat this quick before it's too late. I regret not going to the dermatologist 5 years ago when I got my first pimples... No I have scars (real scars, no the red marks) that I don't know if will ever go away.

Good luck and fight HARD! All you need is motivation.

MemberMember
(@leopoldstotch)

Posted : 06/18/2014 6:54 pm

Hey man, you don't have bad acne AT ALL. Looks like normal 16 year old guy pimples.

This, Lol

MemberMember
(@jmtm18017)

Posted : 06/21/2014 2:59 pm

I'm not going to dismiss your acne as mild ... it looks as if you have sensitive skin, which I can relate to. Your skin looks like it's in pain. I'll place my bets that most over the counter stuff is probably way too harsh on your skin.

Next time your parents say anything, tell them, "Yes, I know... so send me to a good dermatologist already! We wouldn't want the neighbors to think I have meth mites!"

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/22/2014 10:05 am

I think what makes it look visible is the redness.. but other than that its not as severe.. lucky you you could still look good even you have that. I look like a tanned oily freaky dalmatian

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/22/2014 11:07 am

fix that diet is the first step in getting rid of acne

be strict with your diet no junkfood/sugar/dairy that includes soda so stick with just water only for awhile and eat real food with vegetables

your acne looks mild to moderate yes so try dan's regimen

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 06/22/2014 11:58 am

normal..pimples? how can pimples be normal lol? nobody in their right mind likes or accepts them, its shit to get rid of..besides whos to say they wont stay there till they are his normal 26 year old guy pimples lol

its uglyyy! they look shitty on teenager, they look shitty on 20ies, they look shitty on older ppl. u gotta eradicate that shiiiitttttt!!

if u get 1-2 spots, IT IS BAD ALREADY cos u gotta know, that shit is beginning!!

MemberMember
(@mystxc)

Posted : 07/22/2014 6:27 am

Not bad at all.

MemberMember
(@annoyedwithacne)

Posted : 07/24/2014 10:34 pm

Hey mate!

I have to agree with most of the comments left on here. Your acne is not as bad as you think. If it were my face, I could totally live with it. I mean, I would still do my best to get rid of them, but definitely without the soul-crushing sadness that I'm feeling at the moment (my acne is worse). Chin up and hope for the best.

MemberMember
(@cal07)

Posted : 07/27/2014 8:42 pm

try herpanacine

MemberMember
(@sabrigb35)

Posted : 07/27/2014 8:55 pm

You are actually very handsome.

Your acne is not that bad, and you can treat it easily. If you know your diet is bad, change it, but don't torture yourself, go slow, little changes that will make a long term difference, I promise you it won't be THAT bad.