Dry Hands With The ...

Notifications
Clear all

Dry Hands With The Regimen

MemberMember
(@grizzz)

Posted : 06/01/2014 12:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

To start, I just want to say that I have been using the Regimen for almost a whole month now, and seeing great results.

Now that my acne is under control, I have another problem, very dry patchy, almost painful at times, skin on my hands since I have to wash my hands before each step of the Regimen (and sometimes after.) I started to experience this within the second week. I have been trying to moisturize my hands many times a day,and especially go bit heavy at night before bed. I still have this have this painfully dry skin on my hands.

For hand/body Iotion, I currently have been using the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. Sometimes I also use Eucerin Intensive Repair Lotion as well. The soap I am using is the Up and Up (Target brand) Foaming Hand Wash Antibacterial Pear scented. Could it be the pear scent? Or the fact that I am washing my hands like 10 times more than I used to, and my hands are just freaking out? I also tried adding the Jojoba oil to my lotions, but still not really helping, even though it has helped my dry face.

My main question here is if anyone else is experiencing the same thing, and what they are using to control their dry hands? I want to make sure I use a lotion that will not break me out if I accidently touch my face during the day or at night while I am asleep. I do try drink over 9 glasses of water a day to help keep me hydrated as well.

Please let me know if you have any ideas of any good products to use. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@grace1215)

Posted : 06/05/2014 11:27 am

I just started it a few days ago and am having the same problem. I also suffer from eczema which has been greatly aggravated by the washing and the product on my hands. I wonder if it's ok to apply the product with gloves on instead of having to wash your hands and have direct contact on them?

MemberMember
(@grizzz)

Posted : 06/12/2014 6:37 pm

I just started it a few days ago and am having the same problem. I also suffer from eczema which has been greatly aggravated by the washing and the product on my hands. I wonder if it's ok to apply the product with gloves on instead of having to wash your hands and have direct contact on them?

I would think it would be okay as long as they are the unpowered gloves.What kind of lotion do you use for your eczema? Has it helped a bit while on the regimen? Glad to know I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

MemberMember
(@incognitoboy)

Posted : 06/12/2014 8:02 pm

Preferences
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift
English
Deutsch
Espanol
Francais
Italiano
Portugues
alt
alt
PreferencesI have a feeling that your dryness has to do with the hand wash you are using. I would recommend you get an antibacterial soap that specifically states that it contains moisturizers, and one that definitely has no added fragrances. I use an H-E-B (Texas) store brand hand wash with aloe vera. Although at times my hands have felt dry, it has never reached the point where I felt like I needed to use a lotion. However I have used the Aveeno lotion before and I think it's great for hands and body. The Eucerin one is good too, although I don't really like the feel of it.

That being said, I've been on the regimen for 5 months now and this problem seems to have subsided over time for me, I have a feeling that your dryness has to do with the hand wash you are using. I would recommend you get an antibacterial soap that specifically states that it contains moisturizers, and one that definitely has no added fragrances. I use an H-E-B (Texas) store brand hand wash with aloe vera. Although at times my hands have felt dry, it has never reached the point where I felt like I needed to use a lotion. However I have used the Aveeno lotion before and I think it's great for hands and body. The Eucerin one is good too, although I don't really like the feel of it.

That being said, I've been on the regimen for 5 months now and this problem seems to have subsided over time for me,

I think that your dryness is greatly contributed to the fragrance in your hand wash. I recommend getting a non-fragranced antibacterial hand wash that specifically states that it contains moisturizers. I use an H-E-B (Texas) store brand that contains aloe vera. Although my hands have felt dry at times, its has never reached the point where I felt the need to use a lotion. I do like the Aveeno lotion though. The Eucerin is good also, but I don't like the feel of it that much.

I don't think gloves are necessary, just try to find a wash that works well for you.