Notifications
Clear all

Switching Cleansers?

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 05/31/2014 8:23 am

So, I've been using the same cleanser for a little more than 2 years now. CeraVe foaming cleanser. I really like it, and I've been clear using it and not clear using it. I want to try African Black soap, but I'm worried my skin might freak out if I switch cleansers since I've been using it for so long.

Also, I want to try African Black Soap because I've heard it's good for oily skin with comedones. Do you think it's a good idea? Should I switch?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 05/31/2014 8:36 am

no- stick to what you know that works.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/31/2014 11:23 am

So, I've been using the same cleanser for a little more than 2 years now. CeraVe foaming cleanser. I really like it, and I've been clear using it and not clear using it. I want to try African Black soap, but I'm worried my skin might freak out if I switch cleansers since I've been using it for so long.

Also, I want to try African Black Soap because I've heard it's good for oily skin with comedones. Do you think it's a good idea? Should I switch?

Carwinns - hey! Are you still on the regimen? African Black Soap is a hit or miss for many people. If you're not happy with your skin, try it for a few months. You'll probably break out because thats what skin does with any change of regimen (at least for many of us with acne, that is the case).

Good Luck.