Notifications
Clear all

Cysts Help

MemberMember
(@gabs1234)

Posted : 05/30/2014 2:35 pm

Recently I've come down with a new cyst that is around the size of a button under the skin on my cheek. I had a cyst before that lasted up to 8 months until one day it finally decided to pop by itself when I was applying makeup. But now this new cyst is appearing and it's so much bigger than the last one and much redder. It's already started to show a bump and I'm so scared it's gonna get bigger.

I've tried all the home remedies; warm compress, ice, witch hazel, TCP, etc but they no longer seem to work and it's just getting bigger. I'm also currently using erythromycin but it gives me stomach pains and I don't really see any improvement. How long will it take before I see improvement? I've only been given a prescription for 2 to 3 months.

Being a teenage girl, I'm very insecure about my looks and this cyst is really affecting my self esteem. I feel like I'm sinking into depression and I'm in the middle of exams so this is really the last thing I need.

PLEASE if anyone has any advice on what to do, please comment!!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/30/2014 3:06 pm

if the erythromycin isnt working then switch antibiotics i would go with either minocycline or doxycycline and last resort keflex if you have to. get the cyst injected at the derm and start using some sort of AHA in your daily regimen. good luck!

antibiotics usually kick in pretty quick for me it was within 2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 05/30/2014 7:20 pm

Get a skin sulture done. If noting abnormal, you are most likely not digesting sugars properly. Get a super gentle face wash (I like Spectro Gel) and a good moisturizer if deemed neccessary (I like CeraVe)Don't touch your face, make sure you have soft pillow cases that are clean, double rinse in the washing machine, no fabric soften in the dryer. Add your towels to this load.Go about everything you need to do in your day, and dont worry about your face, it isnt permanent. The stress anxiety, is damaging your deigestion and fucking with your horomones. This cycle must be broken. Preferably without medication, if you need medication please try a green plant alternative first.Drop the antibiotics, they are ruining your flora system. Your acne is not caused by antibiotics deficiency.Start takeing Dr Ohhira's Probitics and Good belly Probiotic. Eat only REAL food. Absoutley nothing processed. Try and avoid oils, if you must have oil, try to make sure it's olive oil. Drink clean purified water (no flouride, there is no real evidence to suggest it helps teeth, and evidence to suggest it damages your brain)That's about it, maybe find somthing that will help overtime slowly with the redness, somthing chemical free if possible. Derma E makes good products.Go enjoy life, you only get one round, dont waste time focusing on things that make you depressed, there will be enough of that in life as is. Go enjoy nature, friends and family. Period.(Get morning sun exposure, stay in the shade in the afternoon. Zinc Oxide is the safest and most effective sunscreen)Dont drink added sugar anything! ANd maybe add some Selenium to your diet (prevents breast cancer anyway) and some good high quality whole food, vitamin C. (If you cant offord the whole food vit C, get a Medium dose of Ascorbic acid Vitamin C with rosehips and bioflavanoids, and take them with somthing that has Vitamin C in it, like an orange)Don't drink alot of water with your meals, wait 20 minutes beofre and after, helps your stomach acid do its job. Then rehydrate. 20 minutes.Take probiotics on an empry stomach, with plenty of water.Love ~ Caring Human

MemberMember
(@gabs1234)

Posted : 06/04/2014 8:07 am

Thank you both for all your advice! I'm definitely going to sort out my diet because I do eat a LOT of sugar and caffeine - maybe that's what's causing the cysts?

At the moment the cyst is quite a lot bigger than before and more noticeable but as you said, it takes a while for antibiotics to work so I'll keep using the erythromycin for another two weeks just in case.

I'm just anxious about going to school where people can see how big it is. If you have any advice that can quickly reduce the size of cysts please let me know! [bearing in mind it takes about two months to get an appointment with the dermatologist so that's not really a fast solution at the moment]

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/04/2014 8:56 am

it cant hurt to try cutting back sugar and caffeine but it doesnt always work. it never worked for me and i gave up everything. now on spiro i just eat whatever i want (within reason) and have no issues.

the erythromycin should have kicked by in now provided you have been on it a few weeks. if it hasnt totally kicked in by 4 weeks then it wont work for you. i hated that stuff i was like you where all it did was make my stomach hurt and it never did anything for my skin. only antibiotics that worked for me were minocycyline, doxycycline & keflex.

unfortunately there isnt much you can do for the cyst besides taking ibuprofen or aleve twice a day (it will help with the inflammation & swelling) and icing it. ask your parents though before you take anything to be sure its ok.

you should call the derm and ask about a cortisone shot. every single derm i have seen will fit me in for these if i call and explain that i have a huge cyst that is not going away. they can usually fit you in between appointments. good luck!

MemberMember
(@gabs1234)

Posted : 06/09/2014 11:12 am

it cant hurt to try cutting back sugar and caffeine but it doesnt always work. it never worked for me and i gave up everything. now on spiro i just eat whatever i want (within reason) and have no issues.

the erythromycin should have kicked by in now provided you have been on it a few weeks. if it hasnt totally kicked in by 4 weeks then it wont work for you. i hated that stuff i was like you where all it did was make my stomach hurt and it never did anything for my skin. only antibiotics that worked for me were minocycyline, doxycycline & keflex.

unfortunately there isnt much you can do for the cyst besides taking ibuprofen or aleve twice a day (it will help with the inflammation & swelling) and icing it. ask your parents though before you take anything to be sure its ok.

you should call the derm and ask about a cortisone shot. every single derm i have seen will fit me in for these if i call and explain that i have a huge cyst that is not going away. they can usually fit you in between appointments. good luck!

Ok then looks like I won't be cutting out sugar. I just love it too much!

The cyst looks a tiny bit smaller some days and then larger others so I can't really tell if the erythromycin is working. Maybe the makeup I'm putting over it is causing it to flare up?

Ok thanks for all the advice!

Unfortunately because I live in the UK, derms rarely give injections to people with cysts (for some reason I don't know) so I don't think getting a shot is even possible now ;/

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 06/10/2014 4:14 pm

If it is really bad and you don't want to wait for it to resolve on it's own go to a Dermatologist and get a cortizone shot.