Notifications
Clear all

Ziana And Glycolic Acid/lactic Acid

MemberMember
(@ariday664)

Posted : 05/29/2014 10:39 am

I've been on ziana for like 5 months and it has been really good for me.It has cleared all my acne on my face which im glad. Now im more worried about my scars and also hyperpigmentation. So i bought glycolic acid 40% which i haven't used yet. I am also planning on buying lactic acid for my pigmentation which i've read that its better to start with a lighter acid peel like (lactic acid).

so my question is, can i use one of this acid peels while on Ziana. Is it safe on my skin while on ziana?

thank you for any responses.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/29/2014 12:29 pm

I dont know what this ziana is. I suppose a birth control or antibiotic. In any case there is no problem to use the aha. They make a chemical peel and renew the skin cells, so their action is superficial. They dont interact with any kind of drug.

MemberMember
(@ariday664)

Posted : 05/29/2014 4:47 pm

thank you for the reply

Ziana (gel) is a antibiotic with a retinoid called (tretinoin). I've read on this forum that it was bad to use chemical peels with a retinoid.

they said to stop using the retinoid gel atleast for a month before using the chemical peel.so thats why i was kind of worried about using it at the same time. More advice would be good with them Ziana users?

MemberMember
(@ivyl1206)

Posted : 05/29/2014 9:37 pm

I want to ask the same question. I had a few chemical peel at a salon and I still have one more session. The chemical peel made my acne worse, and I just started Ziana last week.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 06/01/2014 1:26 pm

thank you for the reply

Ziana (gel) is a antibiotic with a retinoid called (tretinoin). I've read on this forum that it was bad to use chemical peels with a retinoid.

they said to stop using the retinoid gel atleast for a month before using the chemical peel.so thats why i was kind of worried about using it at the same time. More advice would be good with them Ziana users?

Ok! Thanks for the clarification. I use pure vitamin A in capsule every night on my face over the bp. Also i use chemical peel at least twice a week in a strength 35% glycolic and 45% lactic acid. I have no irritation or any kind of reaction. On the contrary i see my red marks fading faster.

If your skin is strong and tolerant like mine, i guess you wont have a problem. Dont forget a high spf in the morning!!!

MemberMember
(@mille211)

Posted : 10/29/2014 11:04 pm

I've been on ziana for like 5 months and it has been really good for me.It has cleared all my acne on my face which im glad. Now im more worried about my scars and also hyperpigmentation. So i bought glycolic acid 40% which i haven't used yet. I am also planning on buying lactic acid for my pigmentation which i've read that its better to start with a lighter acid peel like (lactic acid).

so my question is, can i use one of this acid peels while on Ziana. Is it safe on my skin while on ziana?

thank you for any responses.

Hello! When did Ziana start clearing your skin? I am on week 6 and still am getting new pimples. Should I switch treatments? Also look into Vbeam. It did wonders for my scars.