Notifications
Clear all

Dead Skin Buildup, Caveman Regimen

MemberMember
(@densundevej)

Posted : 05/29/2014 1:36 am

Hello everyone

I have to admit I've never really suffered from bad acne. The reason for posting in this forum is that acne sufferes seem to have the most experience with the caveman regimen.

So here goes:

Does the buildup of dead skin diminish over time? How long does it take before that happens?

I read on other threads that this buildup seems to be the most pronounced in the areas that have been exposed to harsher treatment, which is why I'm hoping that it can normalize somehow.

My problem is that the buildup gets very dry, causing my skin to itch and even become red. Do any of you experience that?

I relieve that problem by moisturizing but the very act of putting on lotion seems to exfoliate, and I'm not sure if I'm making it worse or better by doing it.

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 06/01/2014 6:49 pm

Hello everyone

I have to admit I've never really suffered from bad acne. The reason for posting in this forum is that acne sufferes seem to have the most experience with the caveman regimen.

So here goes:

Does the buildup of dead skin diminish over time? How long does it take before that happens?

I read on other threads that this buildup seems to be the most pronounced in the areas that have been exposed to harsher treatment, which is why I'm hoping that it can normalize somehow.

My problem is that the buildup gets very dry, causing my skin to itch and even become red. Do any of you experience that?

I relieve that problem by moisturizing but the very act of putting on lotion seems to exfoliate, and I'm not sure if I'm making it worse or better by doing it.

Your skin sheds every 28 to 45 days. In 6 weeks of using any kind of lotion, for example, you can feel the newer and smoother skin resurface. The skin we are looking at right now is, in a way, already dead and ready to shed. In several weeks, a slightly new "face" or "arm" or whatever will appear. An entirely new person usually appears and "sheds" and re-cells every 7-8 years or so. Its consistent and likely different for everyone. If your skin is refusing to shed and remains dead and stuck to you, removing it gently with a washcloth or even drinking more water will definitely help but isn't a permanent solution or cure. If your skin is building up in areas that have received harsh treatment, it sounds to me like the skin is trying to heal and possibly replace itself in that particular area, but unfortunately I don't know.

A really sly, and not so recommend trick, you can do to get rid of your dead skin instantly is to find some clear, scotch tape lying around your house, putting it to your face, and gently pulling it off. I was flaking so badly on Dan's regimen here that I had to pull it off before even attempting to leave the house. I could feel the flakes wave in the wind they were so large and bad. Also, the damage I received from Dan's regimen, that slight almost permanent redness, took what felt like a while damn year for the boils and bumpy skin surface to go away. I felt like I was burned in a fire, but BP commonly does that to everyone no matter what the skin type.

Lotion, for me, helped a lot, even adding an extra pump or two just to cool the heat down, but I can't be certain what you are referring to unless you tell us exactly what it is that you are doing. Are you just putting lotion on your skin? If so, you need to rinse it first and, if preferred, even wash it with soft soap and/or gentle liquid soap for sensitive skin. Also, acne can stay hidden underneath your skin for up to six weeks before actually emerging. So you can have smooth skin from the lotion but acne as well, which somewhat defeats the purpose of getting rid of it. Have you tried a diet change at all?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/02/2014 7:49 am

Just wipe your face daily with a damp cloth.

Not using soap and topicals us a good thing. Everything else caveman followers tell each other is nonsense.