Notifications
Clear all

Getting Rid Of Hyperpigmentation!

MemberMember
(@jessicakeen20)

Posted : 05/28/2014 1:08 pm

Hey guys! It is my 13th week on the regimen, and I am 98% clear! I still get a pimple every few days, and I still have some blackheads, but I am hoping that over time, I will just get the random pimple here or there and that be it! Anyway, I have been using AHA for quite some time now, and although my red marks have faded a bunch, I am really starting to get impatient! I haven't been wearing any face makeup for the last couple of weeks, and although I don't feel horrible without it, I know I would feel a whole lot better if my hyper-pigmentation was gone! I really don't want to have to do anything that is really invasive, since my skin is so sensitive, and the fact that I am the clearest I have been in YEARS, I am scared to try many different things. I know one thing that probably isn't helping is the fact that I can't, or rather, i am too scared to wear sunscreen. I am terrified that it will make me breakout, and since I am not wearing any makeup, that it will make me a greasy mess. This is what my regimen looks like

A.M

Cerave Foaming Facial Wash

1/2 finger length BP

Small amount of Simple Replenishing Moisturizer

Small amount of Cerave Moisturizing Cream on dry areas

P.M

Cerave Foaming Facial Wash

2 finger lengths BP

Nickel size amount of AHA (Alpha Hydrox Oil Free 10% Treatment)

Cerave Moisturizing Cream

I know that the Cerave cream is pretty risky with the ingredient combo, but so far so good, so I was thinking about trying the Cerave AM moisturizer with spf30, but I am so terrified that the sunscreen will cause breakouts. So my question is, would me not wearing sunscreen cause a huge delay in the healing of the red marks? I sit in an office for most of the day, and am generally outside most of the evenings, from about 5-8:30, and on the weekends I am generally outside most of the day. I haven't had any problems with the AHA causing sunburns or anything like that. Does anyone have any other recommendations to help them go away?

Thanks!!! :)

MemberMember
(@jessicakeen20)

Posted : 05/28/2014 6:56 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@jessicakeen20)

Posted : 05/29/2014 7:49 am

Bump Anybody?!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/29/2014 8:27 am

Wear the sunscreen you will be glad you did later on down the road. You can try the Cerave I never had luck with their products they just made my skin too greasy. You wont know if it will break you out until you try it. I like Olay Sensitive Skin lotion with SPF 15 & SPF 30. It has never broken me out and I wear it while I am biking so I am sweating like crazy!

There isnt much topically that will work that great on red marks besides using a retinoid but you can always do IPL's down the road if you decide to go that way. I have sensitive skin too and they just zap only the red marks and in a few days they look a lot lighter.