Notifications
Clear all

Could Really Do With Some Positive Support..!

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 05/28/2014 7:27 am

Hi all,

I haven't been a member long but have realised how helpful this forum is.

I'm just really struggling at the moment dealing with my acne on a daily basis and was hoping you guys could give me some positive thoughts on how you deal with the emotional side of things.

Right now I would like nothing more than to curl up in a dark room for a while and every day seems to be a struggle. Getting up and realising more cysts have popped up overnight, trying to cover some of the worst with makeup and still feeling disgusting. Going to work and trying to look people in the eye while knowing they're wondering what's going on with my face. Trying to have a normal relationship with my bf without avoiding him when my breakouts are horrific. Avoiding things like swimming and staying over at friends' for fear of people seeing me without makeup.

I feel like all of these things are just completely getting on top of me. I'm normally a bubbly person and try to see the positive side of things. There are a lot of things I like about myself but all I see in the mirror is horrible lumps/scabs/scarring.

Does anyone have any advice on how they get out of the depression acne causes?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/28/2014 8:23 am

you have to get the acne under control- true cystic acne, and I'm talking TRUE cystic acne ( it NEVER COMES TO A HEAD) has to be dealt with, the scars pile up

If you aren't a candidate for accutane then start working on diet- unfortunately accutane didn't work for me, so I had to do things the hard way- I found that dairy and gluten were my triggers and I avoid them completely...no processed foods ever, and i don't eat a lot of sugar (can't give that one up)

now I work on the scarring, but I found that having an action plan and waging war really helped my outlook and my mood

I also tried to keep in mind that no one notices things the way I do, no one....so I really tried to keep busy and not look in the mirror all the time

you have a BF, so be thankful for that- and don't scare him away with you obsession over your skin

get out in the sun, exercise, be with people you love and who love you- and work on positive goals

good luck to you, chin up, and get fighting!!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/28/2014 9:19 am

if you arent on spiro look into it. it really cleared my skin up very nice after 16 years of suffering with cystic acne. you need to get the acne under control ASAP because i agree the scars can add up really fast. i never got any bad scarring until last year and if i had gone on the spiro years before when my derm wanted me to i could have avoided a lot of sadness and heartache. i kept thinking i would grow out of it or that somehow my hormones would go back to normal if i ate the right diet and didnt drink alcohol, worked out like crazy etc and nothing worked. so definitely check into it.

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 05/28/2014 12:45 pm

Thanks for the positive advice!

In terms of accutane, I'm from the UK so I've no idea if it's readily available over here. My doctor is ridiculous when it comes to my acne. He barely even looks at my face properly when I go to see him. I've been given a few rounds of antibiotics and some topical treatments but none have worked. There's not a lot I can use topically as I have crazily sensitive skin. So now the latest thing my doctor very reluctantly put me on is Dianette which I'm hoping will help but could take a while

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 09/30/2014 3:48 am

Hey there

Just wondering how the Dianette worked for you? :) I'm coming up to nearly being on it for two months, and am desperate for some results soon. I've heard good things about the third month on Dianette so am trying to stay positive.

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 10/08/2014 9:08 am

Hey there

Just wondering how the Dianette worked for you? :) I'm coming up to nearly being on it for two months, and am desperate for some results soon. I've heard good things about the third month on Dianette so am trying to stay positive.

Hello! I'm now onto my 5th packet and pleased to say it's working great!! I would say I started seeing these results by my fourth month.

I do still get the odd spot (usually around my period) but nothing I can't handle. No more cysts!

Is honestly the best thing I've tried, I hope it works for you!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/09/2014 8:52 am

Hey there

Just wondering how the Dianette worked for you? I'm coming up to nearly being on it for two months, and am desperate for some results soon. I've heard good things about the third month on Dianette so am trying to stay positive.

Hello! I'm now onto my 5th packet and pleased to say it's working great!! I would say I started seeing these results by my fourth month.

I do still get the odd spot (usually around my period) but nothing I can't handle. No more cysts!

Is honestly the best thing I've tried, I hope it works for you!

Ah thanks for your response! I'm just at the beginning of month 3 and my skin seems to be behaving beautifully well. So so happy, preying it lasts.! :)