Notifications
Clear all

Is There A Possibility Of Getting Rid Of Shallow Scarring By 100%?

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 05/28/2014 5:27 am

I have seen people with more severe scarring say that after their treatments some of their more minor scars disappeared completely.

Now I have read that a scar is a scar and you will always have it, But I am guessing that means the scar tissue under the skin, not the indent.

Do people think it is possible to 100% get rid of minor/shallow scarring? It get to the point where it is not noticeable even in the harsh light where it once was visible?

I personally feel like it is. If you do your research, pick the right treatments and are persistent and dedicated, I believe it is possible to cure shallow scarring 100%.

But I would like other people's opinions too as I have only based this on by pretty limited knowledge.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/28/2014 6:28 am

yes I believe it, to the definition of having to look very closely and it's hardly noticeable....so it's there but very faint

yes, I have many rolling scars and they are deeper and I'm still working, slowly, but the shallower ones are virtually gone

I have been doing the derma stamp for years

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 05/28/2014 7:15 am

yes I believe it, to the definition of having to look very closely and it's hardly noticeable....so it's there but very faint

yes, I have many rolling scars and they are deeper and I'm still working, slowly, but the shallower ones are virtually gone

I have been doing the derma stamp for years

What length needles do you use?

I have heard mixed things about length. Some say the minimum to use for scarring to achieve results is 1.5mm. But then I have also read that 0.5mm will reach the upper layer of the dermis and induce collagen production.

I know most people use the 1.5 but my scarring is minor and looks more like crappy skin texture I think so I am hoping I could get results with the 0.5.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/28/2014 8:10 am

i used the 0.5mm roughly every 10 days for about a year, maybe a bit more, and now I have the 1.0mm

not going to go up from there

i stamp aggressively about 6 times and get pinpoint bleeding, and i follow up immeadiately with either the owndoc.com copper peptides or the skin biology copper peptides, I alternate

i have seen improvement, no doubt- I do the stamp not the roller (never could get the hang of that, and my scarring is concentrated so the stamp works perfectly)

good luck to you, start slow with the 0.5mm, be meticulous about sanitizing, and see how your skin reacts...

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/28/2014 8:39 am

Mrs. Robinson - Every 10 days seems like an awful lot. How do you know you're not just seeing chronic swelling? I have always read how collagen production takes 2-3 months after an injury to be complete, so re-injuring the skin disturbs this process. Have you ever let your skin rest for a few months?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 05/29/2014 5:58 am

I used to needle every 12 days or so.

My scar, which was on my nose, has now gone. You cannot see an indent in any lighting. The texture is actually smoother now.

I know that collegen producttion does not kick in for a while- but what i had was, after needling, the skin was a bit wrinkly and puckered for a few days, then the skin was smooth after that.

I was so depressed having that scar and i can honestly say that it changed my life, whcih sounds pathetic! (people would say 'I thought japanese girls were meant to have nice smooth skin')

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/29/2014 9:34 am

A scar will most likely always be a scar. BUT you can improve it to a point where it is imperceptible, so to an observer, they will see no indentation, color, or texture weirdness. Essentially, it will never be like virgin skin, but it can be improved to where most people would not even see it.