Notifications
Clear all

Helppp How Do I Tell And Show My Girlfriend My Horrible Cystic Back Acne/scarring

MemberMember
(@livinglou92)

Posted : 05/27/2014 9:34 pm

Soo I've been going out wit this girl for 2 weeks and we became a relationship a few days ago. Thing is she loves the beach and practically lives a few minutes from there. She has already brought up how she wants to be there together. Me, on the other hand, dont enjoy the beach like i used to years ago. Simply because i have horrible back acne. All over the back of my shoulder blades and in the middle. Most of it is on the upper back. I am ashamed of it to be honest. Seeing other guys at the beach wot good clear backs hurts me because its sumthin i wont ever have. I have done injections several times wit my derm amd it helped a little but other ones grow. Amd the bumpy scar ones just flatten a little. I have no idea how to show her it. I can tell she is a sweet girl and cares about me but i dont know what she will think about it of i show her. Helpp anyone with advice on how i can show her and explain how it makes me feel pleasee.

Thank youuy

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 05/27/2014 11:50 pm

Be honest! As simple as it sounds. It may be a big deal to you, but honestly she prob doesnt care. I know i wouldn't! I used to have back issues when i used to run cross country and track for 7 years- and when we had to run on a hot day without shirts (just sport bras) i would sometimes cringe - but noticed as i looked around that those around me struggled with the same issue! And after didnt think about my problem for one second!

Think about this- dont let something this small get in the way- be confident. I know if i have some issue i get it over in the car! As weird as it seems. Usually thats is the place where you just talk because you have nothing else better to do on the ride. And usually i will just somehow bring a topic up that will somehow connect to something i want to say.

:) gooood luck!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/28/2014 1:28 am

Soo I've been going out wit this girl for 2 weeks and we became a relationship a few days ago. Thing is she loves the beach and practically lives a few minutes from there. She has already brought up how she wants to be there together. Me, on the other hand, dont enjoy the beach like i used to years ago. Simply because i have horrible back acne. All over the back of my shoulder blades and in the middle. Most of it is on the upper back. I am ashamed of it to be honest. Seeing other guys at the beach wot good clear backs hurts me because its sumthin i wont ever have. I have done injections several times wit my derm amd it helped a little but other ones grow. Amd the bumpy scar ones just flatten a little. I have no idea how to show her it. I can tell she is a sweet girl and cares about me but i dont know what she will think about it of i show her. Helpp anyone with advice on how i can show her and explain how it makes me feel pleasee.

Thank youuy

I am going to second Avada. Just be honest about it. Also, if she doesn't accept you because of it, then she isn't the right girlfriend for you.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/28/2014 7:49 pm

I agree with everyone above. Straight up say that you are sensitive about that area of your life but you trust her enough to share it. If she's an awesome girl, she'll be honored that you trust her with your struggles. You'll see that once you let the cat out of the bag, it'll get easier. BTW, i was in Coney Island for Memorial Day and there were a ton of imprefect people there - no one noticed anything out of place.

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 06/02/2014 11:38 am

If she's your girlfriend, then at SOME point she's going to see your back or see you shirtless. Or feel you shirtless. The sun and salt water might help your back a lot. You can also make sure she's never directly standing behind you I guess.

Are you treating your back with anything? (be aware of sun sensitivity)

If it's super bad and you just can't deal with it yet, seems lie a lot of people are wearing rash guards these days...

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 06/02/2014 11:52 am

Be honest with her. Us girls can be very understand especially when we like someone.

If you're going to the beach you can wear a tank top and shorts it you're very self conscious.

I know it's easier said than done but don't avoid social situations because of your skin, otherwise one day you'll end up looking back and regretting all them fun you missed (like me)

MemberMember
(@livinglou92)

Posted : 06/02/2014 6:24 pm

Really appreciate the support from everyone on here ! :) tank top and shorts is what I'll do when I muster up the courage to hit the beach this summer.

2 nights ago I spoke to her about my skin issues and how it made me feel and showed her my back and she said simply that it doesn't change anything and that she likes me for who I am and still thinks I'm really cute. Said I'm amazing. Its a wonderful thing cause I was nervous. But I was honest with her and it worked. Thanks again everyone for the support !

tanna23 and leelowe1 liked