Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I was on tetracycline for about 8 months and it completely cleared up by acne, but made my stomach hurt. About 8 months later the acne came back, but not as bad. I again went on the same antibiotic for about 2 years but it did absolutely nothing and I had minimum stomach pain. I have stopped taking these as of 3 months ago. Would this be a case for candida or some other type of infection?

I am currently trying to improve the good bacterias in my gut, by drinking kefir and taking probiotics, however, my forehead is breaking out like crazy. I get really painful big red lumps on my forehead, which is strange as my forehead used to be the one place I never got spots. Could the kefir and probiotics be a result of this? Is it die-off?

Any advice for me would be great

Edited by user5000

Probiotics do the same thing to me. I would be that it is the cause of it unfortunately.

Do you know why probotics would do that? I thought they could only do good.

Did your skin improve once you stopped taking probotics?

forehead breakouts can sometimes be a sign of a detox reaction. With probiotics, you have to take it easy and start slow, otherwise you can do more harm than good.

forehead breakouts can sometimes be a sign of a detox reaction. With probiotics, you have to take it easy and start slow, otherwise you can do more harm than good.

---

Good to know my forehead spots could be a sign, I hope they are. I'll will try to take it a bit slower with the pros.