Notifications
Clear all

Ice Pick Scars

MemberMember
(@clearskin01)

Posted : 05/27/2014 7:58 am

I have really really ugly problematic skin can someone please help me and tell me the best option for my problems. I not only have really bad hyperpigmentation on my chin but i also have about a large number of icepick scars.rolling,box scars not ecactly sure wich ones i have but there is definately a lot of holes in my face. I have tried everything except surgery. I tried all the harsh scrubs and otc microdermabrasion scubs and peels. Unfortunately for me they only made matters soo much worse. Thinking about trying the dermaroller. If i could get a professional opinion it would be greatly appriciated. Makeup isnt cutting it for me anymore because it hides the hyperpigmentation issues but highlites the textural issues and looks really gross! Someone please please help. Im used to being a really pretty girl and right now i hate to look in the mirror. I look like a drag queen! Please help!. Need advice!

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/27/2014 11:11 pm

I have really really ugly problematic skin can someone please help me and tell me the best option for my problems. I not only have really bad hyperpigmentation on my chin but i also have about a large number of icepick scars.rolling,box scars not ecactly sure wich ones i have but there is definately a lot of holes in my face. I have tried everything except surgery. I tried all the harsh scrubs and otc microdermabrasion scubs and peels. Unfortunately for me they only made matters soo much worse. Thinking about trying the dermaroller. If i could get a professional opinion it would be greatly appriciated. Makeup isnt cutting it for me anymore because it hides the hyperpigmentation issues but highlites the textural issues and looks really gross! Someone please please help. Im used to being a really pretty girl and right now i hate to look in the mirror. I look like a drag queen! Please help!. Need advice!

Hi clearskin01,

Just came across your post, feels like I read my own story, I used to be pretty girl in my family, friends and work. I always admire myself in the mirror, I think I've got curse and now I really hate mirror!!

So I know exactly how you feel, I lost my friends, job and boyfriend because I feel insecure about my self. They all accept me with or without scar but I can't accept myself!!

I also have hyperpigmentation, it help with make up but makes my scars look more visible. I'm not professional but I just wanna share what I've done for my scars. First I have to deal with hyperpigmentation, I used topical retinoid, peeling and finally laser, it help with hyperpigmentation but not with the scars, and be extra careful with laser cause last time my dermatologist burn my temple with laser!!

Once I have deal with hyperpigmentation, next I have to deal with my scars, it's a long battle, I have done dermarolling, didn't do anything with my scars.

These scars bother me a lot, I know I would never have perfect skin like I was before but I'll do anything to improve it. Recently, I have consultation with different dermatologists and plastic surgeons, until I found my plastic surgeon that suggested to have excision and then dermabrasion to smooth it out. Today I still have my stitches on and it will be take out on Friday, I'll keep you update with the outcome if you considering to have surgery for your scars. Anyway it will be helpful if you post picture, I have mine on my gallery or you can see it from my post.

Good luck!!