Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
littlelids

Roaccutane... This Should Be Interesting

So... I'm 26 (27 next month) and I have suffered with acne rosacea on and off for the last 10 years.

After my last breakout which left my confidence in shatters I decided that enough was enough and to seek help from a dermatologist instead of my local GP. After an 11 week wait to see the dermatologist, my acne had cleared up due to the course of antibiotics I had taken and I walked into the consulting room and was met with what can only be described as confusion as my skin did not show any sign of the terrible outbreaks I had experienced, luckily I had photos to show him exactly what I meant. My Doctor prescribed roaccutane and I am now on the road to clear skin, hopefully

Day 1:

Took my first 2 pills after my evening meal, didn't feel any different until I got into bed that evening and could not stop scratching. My back, my arms, my face, my hair, everything felt so itchy.

Day 2:

Woke up feeling on top of the world and had a great morning until it reached 3pm and I was shattered, I couldn't keep my eyes open, which is unlike me, unless I have had a big night out, but as you know, I was in bed scratching the night before!!

After I woke up I felt OK, headed out with some friends and completely forgot to put any sunscreen on so I came home with slightly burnt cheeks which is unusual for me as I have olive skin and I can use SPF 8 and not burn. Lesson learned...

In bed by 10pm and asleep almost immediately as I felt exhausted.

Day 3:

Woke up feeling like the world had ended and could not stop crying.

Kept myself busy all day with shopping ans cooking but felt like I had an extremely short fuse for the entire day.

Again, felt shattered but am slowly getting used to this now although I did not expect to feel any side effects this early.

pustules have begun to appear along my jawline, quite painful and I can feel my lips getting more and more dry as the hours go by.

Day 4:

I was supposed to go to the gym at 6:30am but had no energy and getting up for work at 7:30 was a struggle.

Have sat a my desk in a bit of a haze all day and cannot wait to get home. Pustules that appeared yesterday are sore and I want top squeeze them but cannot face the pain or any more scars. Itchiness has returned but only my head/hair.

Fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets!