Notifications
Clear all

Red Scarring From Cyst

MemberMember
(@seekingadvice)

Posted : 05/26/2014 9:11 pm

So just about a year ago I was on accutane, overall it did reduce my acne a lot but I'm left with two pieces of scarring from where I had cysts whilst taking the medication!

There's one above my eyebrow which is the main annoyance! It hasn't come up as a cyst for about 8 months now but it's still red! Seriously my self confidence has been shattered because of this! I've been told to wait but it hasn't reduced in colour, I think I'm leaning towards potential surgery and risk having a white line from that instead of a clear red mark with a circle from where I've had it injected!

Does anyone have any thoughts on what they think would be best or from previous experience what they've encountered?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/27/2014 8:17 am

if its just a red mark get a few IPL's on it and it should be gone. they are like so easy to treat and its not that big of a deal at all. i have had so many red marks in my life that if i got upset about every single one of them i would never leave my house -ha! anyway i use dermablend to cover them up in between IPL's.

also IPL is NOT laser but i would make sure you go to reputable place to get it done. good luck!