Notifications
Clear all

Accutane (Isotretinoin) Progress Weekly

MemberMember
(@tywarthman)

Posted : 05/26/2014 5:55 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm Tyler and I'm going to be chronicling my journey on Accutane (Isotretinoin).

First off, let me give you so background information. I am 16 years old, a male, 6'2, and 165 lbs.

I'm very active, with basketball taking up my days almost everyday after school. I've had acne since (my guess) 6th grade. I think that is when someone first said something to me about my acne, and man did it feel belittling. But people get older and more mature and people stop saying things! But my acne progressively got worse. I was always told to go ti a dermatologist, but my dad said 'nahh' and I agreed. Up until this year, I really got tired of my acne, so I asked if i could go and he said yes. So first visit, boom, Accutane. I got blood work done and got my prescription. First week, my skin felt drier and i knew this was a side effect, but to what extent it would progress to, i didn't know. About 8 days in, my skin started peeling. Particularly, right above my mouth and below my nose. I used a moisturizer (and still do) to temporarily combat that. Now I'm 2 weeks in and the only side effects I've noticed are dry skin and vulnerability to sun light. I've noticed that because someone said I looked really tan (usually, I'm very pale). Also, on about day 16 someone said that they had noticed the changes accutane was causing and said they could see the improvement already. Talk about morale boost haha. Right now, I'm using Carmex for my lips, some Loreal moisturizer for my face, but switching to Cetaphil soon and using just Chapstick when Carmex isn't available (school, ie). Accutane has already had a positive impact on my life and I can't wait to see where it will take me.

Thats it for this week.

If you're on the treatment, please reply and let me know how it's going for you and if you are considering it, just leave a comment or question and I'll be sure to reply.

Best of luck! -Tyler

MemberMember
(@lmagee20)

Posted : 06/10/2014 11:38 pm

Does it mess with your basketball at all?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/11/2014 10:55 am

you should post some pictures ! Im considering accutane.