Notifications
Clear all

Need Help With My Acne

MemberMember
(@monica23)

Posted : 05/26/2014 5:28 am

Hi,

I'm a 23 ur old senior in college. I've had trouble with acne since I can remember. Over the years I've tried several treatment options and products in the market with no real solution. My roommate who had severe acne said she used an acne treatment kit by Alpha Mane skin treatments. She is now acne free (I'm so jealous). She says their products aren't harsh on the skin and it can be used on all skin types. Has anyone else used their products? I see some reviews out there about their products. I personally have not heard about them. Here's a link to their acne products page >> http://www.razorbumpcream.com/product-category/acne/

MemberMember
(@lulu2283)

Posted : 06/16/2014 6:10 am

I haven't personally tried this system myself but I did go to the website and do some reading. The cleanser seems to be the best product of the 3 because it does have beneficial ingredients. The problem is they don't stay on your skin long enough to do much. The skin oil seems to be ok although I did see one ingredient that may cause irritation and did not like that all of the ingredients were not listed since that could contain more possible irritants. The toner was the worst containing a few possibly irritating essential oils. It's only my opinion but there are definitely better options for a skincare line that have more science backed ingredients.

MemberMember
(@monica23)

Posted : 06/17/2014 10:45 am

Thanks for your response. I actually went ahead and purchased their acne kit a couple of weeks ago. And I've been using it since then. So far I'm getting some good results. *excited*

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 06/18/2014 12:19 pm

Hi monica23,

I am quite interested in these products and I haven't seen them before. What are the ingredients in the oil? Is there alcohol in the toner?Can't find the info on their website.

How is your progress?

MemberMember
(@monica23)

Posted : 06/18/2014 3:16 pm

Their acne oil contains rosehip seed oil, geranium oil, lavender oil & carrot seed oil. And I dont believe there's any alcohol in the toner. They say its 100% organic, which is what I really like about it. I use both the toner and the green tea cleanser before applying the oil. But my progress has been great so far. I'm seeing some awesome results.

MemberMember
(@acneficent)

Posted : 06/19/2014 6:43 am

What's your lifestyle and diet like? and your skin?

You may not know but a slight change in diet and hobbies can make a huge impact on Acne.

MemberMember
(@monica23)

Posted : 06/19/2014 9:52 am

I totally agree with you @Acneficent. I have an oily skin, but I have not made much changes to my diet, hobbies etc.

MemberMember
(@acneficent)

Posted : 06/20/2014 8:33 am

Cutting the dairy and meat would be good start.

MemberMember
(@monica23)

Posted : 06/22/2014 9:43 am

I year ya. Thanks for the tips :)

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 06/26/2014 2:16 am

Oily skin are acne prone skin so we need extra care on our skin. This was my problem too, having oily skin and acne prone yet I already attain good and radiant skin. I had several skin treatment sessions in dermatology and she gave me complete set of skin care like adapalin, clindamycin, acne lotion, collagen lotion, anti seborrrheic solution, vitamin C and E, Night cream, sunblock and whitening cream and of course hypoallergy soap and acne scrub. Wow these lots of solutions I was putting on my skin and part of my daily regimen before I got my clear skin.

In addition I also eat lots of fruits and vegetable and drink lots of water to keep my skin healthy and radiant. I use natural facial masks once a week and use natural facial wipes to deep cleanse my skin from whole day exposure to debris, dirt, pollution and sun exposure.

MemberMember
(@monica23)

Posted : 08/09/2014 4:52 am

I'm happy to report that I've seen positive results from using Alpha Mane's acne treatment products! WooHoo!!! If anyone's interested you can use code GETMANE to get 10% off from their website. I used the code when I ordered mine. Not sure if its still active but you can try. Here's a link to their acne page : http://www.razorbumpcream.com/product-category/skin-treatment/acne/ . Good luck everyone :)

MemberMember
(@kellysunshine)

Posted : 09/06/2014 12:54 pm

Cutting the dairy and meat would be good start.

Do you mean meat or wheat? Why would meat affect acne unless it's loaded with hormones? Eating organic/grassfed meat shouldn't affect acne at all?