Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Solution (A Complete Life Changing Regimen)

MemberMember
(@the_truth)

Posted : 05/25/2014 1:37 pm

Hi, I am Shawn. I am from a small town in central Illinois. I don't know why it took me so long to write this (5+ years), but I think it's about time to give back. This website saved my life for what it's worth. My hell is acne. On earth there has been nothing that could bring me down more. Although I do not suffer with sever acne, it has come very, very close. Since visiting this website in Florida on a vacation back in the late 2000's I would forever be in debt to Acne.org. However, I feel that like anything, it is up to you, and it is a lot of trial and error to find a solution that can help combat your acne. Here I will try and lay out everything that I have learned since I took an intellectual approach towards acne-vulgaris. I have tried a lot of things to help out my acne before jumping on the regimen. Eventually, after getting tired of squeezing limes into a bottle I took a leap of faith and bought the regimen. I never used the lotion that they recommended, but I will say that the cleanser and BP are staples in approach. Recently, I started to get flooded with acne over my face (again). The problem with my acne is that it's UGLY, it's BIG, and damn near always leaves post-hyper pigmentation. I wish I could show pictures, but I always forget because my breaks out are far and few between since being on the regimen. It seems once per year is pinnacle of acne that I go through, and it especially heightens at seasonal changes. This makes sense. During the winter months I have to make sure that I am on cue with the whole regimen because that's when my face likes to break out if I don't watch it. Here is a list of products that I use for my face in no particular order...

• BP
  • AHA+ jojoba oil
  • Acne.org cleanser
  • Aveeno Smart Essentials (daily nourishing moisturizer)
  • Vitamin D3 (4000 IU a day)
  • Neosporin (for post-hyperpigmentation)

Here are lifestyle changes that I implement to help the process naturally thin out. These are just as crucial as the products, in my opinion...

• Vigorous exercise (get that sweat going and dripping, imagine that acne flowing out of your pores, and wipe sweat gently with a towel, but down over-do it.) (3-5 days a week, the more of a routine you are in the better off you are, as in everything, consistency is key, working out 2 days a week and not breaking a sweat does you no good, sorry)
  • Sauna (another great way to naturally detoxify the body (10-20 min max) (start slow 5-10 min)
  • Watch my coffee consumption (everyone is different, but be aware of what coffee does to you, not to mention I only drink black coffee with 1/2 a packet of sugar added, if you drink coffee with all that crap in it, that is basically eating a milkshake)
  • Watch my milk consumption (although this doesn't effect me as much when I am regularly lifting and exercising)
  • No fast food (whether you like it or not, this is poison to your body, and rather than your body tending to the acne, it is too busy putting you on the toilet or making you feel like shit, besides it's not even REAL food.. acne or mcdonalds.. hmm?)
  • Sugar consumption
  • Watch food consumption 1-2 hours before your bedtime)
  • Get outside and feel the sun, no more than 15-30 minutes is needed (since for some this is not attainable, this is why i consume Vitamin D3 <<< this is key, and it is said it is something that we are all deficient in, supposed to help slow your sebum production)
  • Water, water, water (another great natural detox, get away from fake juices and pops) (I drink 12-20 oz. of water first thing when I wake up, this helps jump start your body, and get your metabolism rolling)

Again, if you really want to get rid of your acne, it needs to be a lifestyle change. Now, before I go through my regimen step by step I feel I should put down the most important step to overcoming acne, or anything for that matter. Faith in Jesus Christ. Like I said, long before my faith was what it is now, acne is my hell. It wasn't before long that as I scrambled trying to figure out a solution, I needed help. I needed a direction. As I went through the trials of acne, I noticed that it was bringing about a change within me, the good revealed within the bad. I prayed and I prayed for God to show me what I needed to do, and how I could treat my acne. Eventually, he showed me the regimen that I had learned, I was slacking on. I got complacent with not having acne that it wasn't before long that it sprouted at full force. There was something else I was missing. The regimen had no root for me, but God provided. I needed a lifestyle change, I needed to become a better man, and I see that now. Everyone is different, I get that, but God can show each and every one of us how to beat anything and everything. However, faith is long-suffering, and forever enduring. No matter how little faith we have, the spirit lies within us (dormant) waiting to be awakened, and for that you must genuinely seek forgiveness, and seek to love God with all your heart and soul. For those who roll your eyes at this message, it is to you that I speak towards even further. You are on this forum for a reason, you are desperate, and although acne may seem materialistic in its prefix, it is beneath the surface that a challenge awaits you, and somehow, someway, you were led here, and still continue reading. God is calling you, and yes, despite all your flaws, you are that special to Him, even though you do not know Him. That's how great He is. I pray that you heart be tenderized. Believe, even on your darkest day, and beyond, and God will provide, as He did me. He is the only reason that I write this testimony. I have said my peace, and I will walk you through my regimen.

• Upon waking up I drink 12-20 oz. of water.
  • I jump into the shower and use Acne.org cleanser (1 full pump that I lather completely in my hands before applying, this helps to not waste anything and get max use out of the product. When i apply the product to my face, as Dan says, be gentle, but firm. I scrub gently in circular motions (clockwise and counter clockwise) not missing any part of my face and neck.
  • After I get out of the shower I lightly press a clean face towel to my face, not scrubbing, but letting my face almost naturally dry.
  • I get dressed watching not to get my hands dirty so I don't have to clean them again.
  • After my face is nearly dry I apply a Acne.org BP to every part of my face gently rubbing it in everywhere. Depending if I am on a high alert for acne will determine if I use more BP. See Dan's video's they are helpful.
  • After the BP dries (sometimes if you are in a hurry you don't need to let it dry, but do NOT let that become a habit, let each product go into effect) I apply my Aveeno daily nourishing moisturizer over my face. This stuff is expensive, and also protects against the sun, so I usually mix it with a small amount of AHA, or another lotion (regimen lotion) that wont crumble up.
  • After letting that dry I will then go upstairs and make an organic plant protein shake, with frozen fruits and with two scoops of Beyond Tangy Tangerine multivitamin, mineral, prebiotic, probiotic complex (BEST STUFF EVER!).
  • Throughout the day I will drink plenty of water, and watching what I eat as best as I can. Yes, we can binge from time to time, but keep in mind to see how your body reacts to certain things, even up to a day afterwards.
  • After work I will then go to the gym and do 45 - 1 hour and 30 minutes of vigorous exercise (ANCE IS MY MOTIVATION!) Don't worry if you got stuff all over your face, you have work to do, don't even make eye contact, focus on bettering yourself through faith in God!)
  • After my workout (making sure I have been hydrating myself throughout the entire exercise) I will head into the sauna for 15-20 minutes. Another key concept is stretching, I know it sucks, but it is EXTREMELY good for the body. I know there are conflicting studies on the benefits of stretching and the releasing of toxins, but I am a firm advocate behind the benefits of stretching and the naturalness of detoxing the body. So, if you want to stretch instead of the Sauna that could be done, or do both! If there is no Sauna available, remember you should have broke that sweat during the workout, so its okay, just stretch (15-30 min)! **Make sure you are periodically wiping your face from the sweat buildup
  • Once I get home I try to shower as soon as I can, but i first make a protein shake to give some nutrition back to my body. Showering is the same thing I mentioned before, but the only difference is the application of one product. After I get out of the shower and pat dry my face I then apply one full pump of AHA (I used to apply BP again in the afternoon, but I am trying to ween off of it, for some in the beginning this might be necessary to do an application in the morning and at night, it's how I did it for a long time) with 4-8 drops of jojoba oil (this stuff is great!) Some people have said that it makes their face look oily, and rightly so . Usually, if I am going out that night I will not apply the AHA because it does look oily, or I will just use a half of a pump and only 1-2 drops of jojoba oil. Either way, moisturizing in anyway helps greatly. AHA is typically a stay inside type of deal when my day is finally winding down. AHA is key, and I love it, so either half apply like you can in the beginning of your day, or just moisturize again if you are going to be in a public setting.
  • After all that is said and done, and all has dried on my face, I then spot treat any problem areas with a little more AHA. You can spot treatment (depending on sensitivity) 1-3 times more throughout the night. But, don't use a lot, and remember to do trial and error's, everyone is different.
  • Lastly, if anyone suffers from post-hyper pigmentation, Neosporin is awesome! Only use a little, but gently rub it in to the areas in circular motions and try to wipe of any excess. Do this 1-3 times throughout the day if possible, and it will literally prevent craters even though it looks like they are coming, with consistent use, it is not long before they are gone!
  • Be positive, believe, and be consistent. These are the focal points to any regimen. I prayed many times that God would just let me act like there was nothing on my face and I would go out, and not have to look at people's eyes to see if they are looking at the monstrosities on my face, and it has worked! I would get home and be mesmerized and say to myself, "That is 100x better than sitting there thinking about what other people are thinking about my face." Don't let it get you down, stress is only going to inhibit more acne.
  • Take pictures and videos to prove to yourself that you believe in what you are doing, and when all the acne is gone (even though you feel it never will) you will be the happiest person on the planet, and you can help others with tangible proof!

I really hope this helps, and I apologize for waiting so long Acne.org. I needed to do my part, and if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Shawn

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 05/25/2014 10:22 pm

Congrats!! You are one of the rare few individuals who have finally (seems like it takes a lifetime) found a "cure" for their acne. Even though I love this website and it saved me from myself on more than a few occasions, each person's acne is different. It takes time and a hell of a lot of patience. I too, believe I have found my own cure, and couldn't be happier! And through this horrible experience, we all learn a lot as well. We become more humble, understanding, we learn new things about our bodies, we become aware, observant, responsible, educated. I hope that every acne and post-acne sufferer can realize this. And I hope you appreciate this experience as well.

Thank you so much for this lovely advice!

~Casey

MemberMember
(@monica23)

Posted : 05/26/2014 5:44 am

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm still trying to figure out which products to use. I'll definitely look into your recommended products :)