Notifications
Clear all

5 Things To Do That Will Make You Feel Better About Your Skin

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 05/24/2014 8:29 am

I want to post something positive :) Here are some of the things I do when I am feeling down about my skin to try and stop myself plummeting into the horrible inevitable spiral of depression. I think it is important to stay proactive! These things will not improve your skin but give a better attitude towards it and hopefully make you feel a lot better :)

1) STOP PICKING/LOOKING/OBSESSING.

Okay so to start off this is not so much a DO but a massive DON'T but a very necessary DON'T as before you go on to do anything else you need to STOP THIS. I myself am guilty of obsessing over my skin, worry leads to looking in the mirror and over-analysing which leads to picking and messing and pulling which leads to making it look ten times worse which leads to more worry which leads to upset and looking and picking....you get the picture.

Nothing you do to your skin on a picking spree will improve it (unless it's one of those that is just screaming to be gotten rid of - you know what I'm talking about) in which case take on a huge amount of self -control, do the deal, get out before it gets too messy. Looking in the mirror constantly is obsessive behaviour. Your skin will not change over the next ten minutes/half an hour. I say to myself every morning "This is as good as it's gonna get. Deal with it" (You know like Anne Hathaway at the start of the Princess Diaries).

2) TIDY UP

There's a part in Ratatouille (kids films are great...) where the female chef is teaching Linguini the ropes and one of them is "Always keep your work station clean". A good skin regime takes hard work - whether this is a routine you carry out from your bathroom cabinet or whether this is your make up drawer/table - keep it tidy! These are products that you use every day and having them gunky and messy and dusty and disgusting just makes the whole process even more depressing. I buy the best I can, my supplements and vitamins are all neatly arranged in my drawer, my make up brushes are always clean and in order and my foundation always has the lids on. keep it classy.

3) DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF

Just because your skin maybe isn't looking 100% at the moment doesn't mean you should forget about the rest of yourself. You are an ENTIRE BODY and your face is only part of it (yes an important part but what the hell). Give yourself a manicure, go for a long run, go to the gym, do an exercise dvd, bake something, exfoliate yourself and put some moistiouriser on. Whatever makes you feel good! DO IT.

4)FOCUS ON SOMETHING GOOD

Say to yourself, what am I gonna achieve today? Do I need to finish this project at work? Does my laundry need doing? Do I need to sort this out/pay this bill? Do something proactive and worthwhile so that you can say to yourself at the end of the day "I achieved this" rather than saying at the end of the day "Today has been completley wasted because I sat around moping about my acne".

5) CHILL OUT.

Okay this may contradict what I just wrote very very very slightly...sometimes if you are having a really really bad down day and you really don't want to go out, the only thing to do is get yourself a nice green tea/peppermint tea/camomile whatEVER you want to drink that will chill you out and cleanse your body from the inside out, get a hot bath or shower, put some nice chill music on and just close your eyes and shut it all out. Take that time to just relaxxxxx. Try and shut all negative feelings out and chillll.

Hope this helps people. I'm sure a lot of people are doing this kind of stuff already :) but these are the main things I do :) If anyone has anything else - share :)

Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/24/2014 10:16 am

I want to post something positive Here are some of the things I do when I am feeling down about my skin to try and stop myself plummeting into the horrible inevitable spiral of depression. I think it is important to stay proactive! These things will not improve your skin but give a better attitude towards it and hopefully make you feel a lot better

1) STOP PICKING/LOOKING/OBSESSING.

Okay so to start off this is not so much a DO but a massive DON'T but a very necessary DON'T as before you go on to do anything else you need to STOP THIS. I myself am guilty of obsessing over my skin, worry leads to looking in the mirror and over-analysing which leads to picking and messing and pulling which leads to making it look ten times worse which leads to more worry which leads to upset and looking and picking....you get the picture.

Nothing you do to your skin on a picking spree will improve it (unless it's one of those that is just screaming to be gotten rid of - you know what I'm talking about) in which case take on a huge amount of self -control, do the deal, get out before it gets too messy. Looking in the mirror constantly is obsessive behaviour. Your skin will not change over the next ten minutes/half an hour. I say to myself every morning "This is as good as it's gonna get. Deal with it" (You know like Anne Hathaway at the start of the Princess Diaries).

2) TIDY UP

There's a part in Ratatouille (kids films are great...) where the female chef is teaching Linguini the ropes and one of them is "Always keep your work station clean". A good skin regime takes hard work - whether this is a routine you carry out from your bathroom cabinet or whether this is your make up drawer/table - keep it tidy! These are products that you use every day and having them gunky and messy and dusty and disgusting just makes the whole process even more depressing. I buy the best I can, my supplements and vitamins are all neatly arranged in my drawer, my make up brushes are always clean and in order and my foundation always has the lids on. keep it classy.

3) DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF

Just because your skin maybe isn't looking 100% at the moment doesn't mean you should forget about the rest of yourself. You are an ENTIRE BODY and your face is only part of it (yes an important part but what the hell). Give yourself a manicure, go for a long run, go to the gym, do an exercise dvd, bake something, exfoliate yourself and put some moistiouriser on. Whatever makes you feel good! DO IT.

4)FOCUS ON SOMETHING GOOD

Say to yourself, what am I gonna achieve today? Do I need to finish this project at work? Does my laundry need doing? Do I need to sort this out/pay this bill? Do something proactive and worthwhile so that you can say to yourself at the end of the day "I achieved this" rather than saying at the end of the day "Today has been completley wasted because I sat around moping about my acne".

5) CHILL OUT.

Okay this may contradict what I just wrote very very very slightly...sometimes if you are having a really really bad down day and you really don't want to go out, the only thing to do is get yourself a nice green tea/peppermint tea/camomile whatEVER you want to drink that will chill you out and cleanse your body from the inside out, get a hot bath or shower, put some nice chill music on and just close your eyes and shut it all out. Take that time to just relaxxxxx. Try and shut all negative feelings out and chillll.

Hope this helps people. I'm sure a lot of people are doing this kind of stuff already but these are the main things I do If anyone has anything else - share

I love this post and most importantly it naturally reduces stress which is great for the overall body. Thanks for sharing.

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 05/24/2014 4:57 pm

This is great, thanks for the positivity boost!! Especially number 1, this is something I must try to stop doing and I'm going to adopt that mantra!! :)

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 05/24/2014 7:00 pm

Acne is an incurable disease that will last the rest of your life and even stay with you when you die and go to hell (all people with bad zits go to hell, it's punishment for being ugly). I am a dermatologist who has studied pimpleology and I can tell you right now that acne never gets better.

MemberMember
(@fluffykat)

Posted : 05/24/2014 8:50 pm

Great post! And bubbles55 , there is no such thing as pimpleology ...but it made me lol :3

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 05/26/2014 2:27 pm

This is great, thanks for the positivity boost!! Especially number 1, this is something I must try to stop doing and I'm going to adopt that mantra!!

I'm glad it made you feel better 🙂 Number one is a tough one and it is something I am still working on myself!! xx