Notifications
Clear all

Do All Cystic Pimples Come To A Head?

MemberMember
(@nikitaylor)

Posted : 05/21/2014 9:15 am

Do cystic pimples need to come to a head before they go away? I've had cystic pimples for almost 3 months now and they haven't come to a head but seem to be getting smaller?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/21/2014 9:19 am

my cystic acne never comes to a head it just sits there under the skin. i had to get every cyst i had injected over the last so many years because they never go away. you could try using a toner or product with AHA nightly though to keep those pores clear and to help the cysts you have now. if not get them injected unless they are small enough that they arent bothering you.

MemberMember
(@senoritastephie)

Posted : 05/21/2014 10:26 am

Mine rarely came to a head and if it did it was so tiny it wasn't obvious without smacking my face in a mirror to see. They're probably getting better if you think they're getting smaller. Mine always seemed to last forever, but I agree with tracy, go get them injected if they aren't improving or start using products with aha's. I only learned about aha's when I turned 20 and it definitely helped bring them down faster.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/21/2014 12:46 pm

Not necessarily. I get cysts around eyebrows that never pop and fall down gradually. You can use vicks vaporub overnight to shrink them, it works for me!!!

MemberMember
(@tootie2014)

Posted : 06/25/2014 2:37 am

Zinc oxide will drastically reduce the inflammation! Other than that a strong peeling agent ie retinoids, BP or whatever you like to use in combo with a hot wet washcloth to soften it. You can skip the injections and just SPARINGLY apply a dot of hydrocortisone cream on top if you feel you really need the steroid.

I had one or two that would creep in for months at a time, no head and would come back a year later. The above really helped.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/25/2014 11:57 am

Do cystic pimples need to come to a head before they go away? I've had cystic pimples for almost 3 months now and they haven't come to a head but seem to be getting smaller?

mines do turn out to become pustules. but they sit on my face for a few weeks with tha puss inside.............