Notifications
Clear all

Help Me With My Consistent Acne?

MemberMember
(@apples92)

Posted : 05/20/2014 11:04 pm

Can anyone help me identify what sort of acne this is, and what I could do to help it? I almost always have it in these areas. I think the redness it creates around the actual pimples is what's most noticeable about it too.

I'm not sure what info to include here, but right now i'm in my early 20's, average height, and weight. Starting to eat healthier too, not that my diet was terrible or anything.
I wouldn't say I've ever really had bad acne when I was younger, but I had similar acne along my cheek bone areas as a teen which is mostly gone now.
As far as medication goes I never know what to get, or where to get it. My parents used to get me all the typical stuff to use in the shower or before bed. But for the past year I've been using redness relief wash, I think made by eucerin, Anyway that ran out and now I've been using a blemish clearing acne body wash made by avon.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen any long term effect from what I've used to try and treat it.

Any ideas for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

post-398286-0-67307000-1400645037.jpg

post-398286-0-73001300-1400645039.jpg

post-398286-0-64222900-1400645042.jpg

MemberMember
(@apples92)

Posted : 05/23/2014 3:43 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/24/2014 1:37 pm

I only see a couple of pimples and red marks. I use sudocrem on pimples to make them pop and reduce inflamation. You dont seem to have cystic acne. Pimples are small and willing to pop. I suggest you to help them in poping using a sterlized needle, smoothly without pressure. If it is to open it will. Right after use some sudocrem on.

Try some face masks with yoghurt and turmeric for the red marks. They will even out your tone.

MemberMember
(@apples92)

Posted : 05/24/2014 2:16 pm

I only see a couple of pimples and red marks. I use sudocrem on pimples to make them pop and reduce inflamation. You dont seem to have cystic acne. Pimples are small and willing to pop. I suggest you to help them in poping using a sterlized needle, smoothly without pressure. If it is to open it will. Right after use some sudocrem on.

Try some face masks with yoghurt and turmeric for the red marks. They will even out your tone.

Do you know anywhere I could learn about how to make the masks or how to apply them? I always hear about them but don't know a think about them.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/25/2014 9:34 am

Buy some turmeric, the powder form. Mix it with yoghurt honey and some lemon drops. It doesnt matter the quantity of each ingredient as long as you get a paste yellow gold mixture. Apply on face and leave for an hour. Rinse with water and ready! The turmeric leaves a yellow hue on face but dont worry it leaves after washing it!

This kind of mask has really worked for me within a month and everyday use. Now my face is 95 % clear from spots and red marks.

MemberMember
(@the_truth)

Posted : 05/25/2014 6:08 pm

Hey, check out my post I just put up. As far as scarring, I highly recommend Neosporin and AHA

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 05/25/2014 10:09 pm

Honestly, you only appear to have a VERY mild case of acne. It doesn't look bad at all!

Anyways!, the absolute best face mask (and trust me, I've tried hundreds, seriously) is Proactiv's Deep cleansing Wash. It's a body/face wash.

It has salicylic acid in it along with other anti-inflammatory ingredients. It has a small grainy texture to it, perfect for gently washing away dead skin and bacteria. It's very easy and refreshing on your skin, and reduces pimples greatly. I've been using it for 6 months now, and will never use anything else.

Your diet is probably playing a major part with your acne. If you haven't stopped consuming dairy, do it now! Like, cold turkey, no dairy products. Dairy contains a lot of hormones that drive your body crazy, which leads to the acne. Along with a lot of pork.

You also seem to have acne predominately around your T-zone. (Forehead, inner cheeks, and chin). You never stated whether or not you had oily skin. That could also be a problem. In that case, I would suggest taking Zinc vitamin once a day, which cuts down on the amount of oil your body produces.

Conclusion, here's what you could try:

• Deep Cleansing Wash by Proactiv
  • Cutting out dairy products and pork.
  • Cut down on bread and grains.
  • Taking Zinc.
  • Washing your face more often (I don't know how often you do)
  • NOT TOUCHING YOUR FACE
  • Drink nothing but water
  • Relax, no stress.
  • ....And if you're really worried about, go see your derm!

All these suggestions come from personal experience, I hope they work for you like they have worked for me!